• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Port hinge detent failure

sailingdeacon

Member III
My boat (1987) has Lewmar ports which open at predetermined positions. Several are wearing to the point that the detent stop don't want to hold. Is there a way to replace or repair the hinges? I emailed Lewmar but no answer so far.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author

I was able to get *very* good technical help from the main US office listed below, in 1995 or 96 (hatch problems). In '99 I called again and was abruptly referred to a West coast distributor who had far less product knowledge (or interest).
>>>>>
Lewmar Inc  
351 New Whitfield Street
Guilford,CT 06437 USA
Tel: +1 203 458 6200
Fax: +1 203 453 5669
Email: info@usa.lewmar.com
>>>>>>
You might try the main number and see if they can/will help. There are vast numbers of this model port on boats (heck, my Olson has 5 of 'em). As a general sort of rule-of-thumb, I have found this company likes to sell a whole new (improved!) product rather than deal with shortcominings of any kind in existing customer base...
(and that is strictly *my* opinion).
Since my batting average is 50%, there is certainly hope that they will help you.
All the best, Loren

sailingdeacon

Member III
Thanks! I tried the email for two different questions. One was responced to. I called them on the remaining and they were extremely helpful. The solved the hinge problems. Just had to identify the color and type. (Now for the likely sticker shock when I order.):)