• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

SF Bay Viking Raft-Up

boatboy

Inactive Member
Isn't it about time we had a get together?

:egrin:
All makes and sizes of Ericson sailboats welcome.
Saturday August 14th
Meeting in Clipper Cove (Treasure Island) at 4:00 pm
Raft up for BBQ / Party
Overnight anchoring encouraged
Maybe Raft up for coffee and breakfast Sunday morning?
:egrin:
Feel free to respond with any questions or suggestions.

Traveler

Member I
Traveler will be there!

It is on! I will be emailing you the flyer/handout we spoke about sometime later today.

jdeboer

Member I
count me in for the raft up!

Great idea! I purchased my Ericson 29 a few months ago and would love to meet more e-owners!

Jolanda
Ericson 29 Losierra
Berkeley

boatboy

Inactive Member
Clipper Cove Cruise

I just want to remind everyone that our San Francisco gathering is about 1 week away. It would really be great if we could get a big turn-out for this event. Beyond the opportunity to make new friends, it would also be a great time to compare like boats for new ideas. I know there are a ton of Ericsons in the area. If you have boating neighbors with Ericsons who may not see this list, please let them know about it.

So....who's here is coming?

boatboy

Inactive Member
Ericson Raft-up

Dear Ken,

It's great to hear that you will be able to come. At this point we have no idea how many people to expect. There has not been too much response on the Ericson Yachts Info Board listing, but we also put some flyers up in different marinas. I think the basic plan is to show up in the late afternoon (we suggested 4:00) at Clipper Cove. Look for the other Ericsons, have your fenders out and lines ready.

We look forward to meeting you.

ccorcoran

Member II
I wish we could...

Gary,

We'd love to make the event on Saturday; alas, prior business commitments prevent us from even making it to the boat on Saturday! Sunday might be a different story; however, I suspect it would be early afternoon before we could make it down from Benicia. Alas, we might just have to sit this one out. I hope the turnout is great and that we can try again real soon! Take lots of photos and post them, please!

Traveler

Member I
:egrin: For anyone who is going to be there, I look forward to meeting you!

:esad: For those who cannot, perhaps we can try again next year, and I hope to see you around the bay!

boatboy

Inactive Member
San Francisco Bay Rendezvous

We have returned from the gathering to report what a great time we had. While it was no where near the impressive attendance that we read about recently in Poet's Cove (Pacific Northwest) , our 5 boats made for a nice, cozy raft-up. There were three E-39's, one 34 and a 30+.

One of the 39's (Maverick) was out on her first sail in a bit over a year since Tony and Terry completed their circumnavigation -- many good stories were told.

Saturday's sail over to Clipper Cove was under a grey sky with with nice breeze in the mid to upper teens (maybe a few gusts in the low 20's). Typical Bay summer conditions. The anchorage was quite calm overnight and we just stayed rafted together.

Sunday was a georgous day with clear skies. When we broke up around noon, most of us headed out for a good romp in the central Bay. Wind was pretty much steady in the low to high 20's. The sun felt great.

Thanks to Gary for putting this together. Hopefully we'll have an even bigger turnout for the next one.

Greg Davids and Melissa Hayes
s/v Pacifica
E-39B, Berkeley, CA

Lew Decker

Member III
Raft-up

Greg - Great pics - I wanted very much to take our boat up there, but...
I can't tell from the pics but I was curious whether you had added a Bimini. I am thinking of a cockpit cover of some sort but haven't really looked around. Let me know what you think...

boatboy

Inactive Member
Thanks Lew. While it would have been great to see you, that would have been one heck of a cruise for you to come all the way up here just for this little gathering.

Pacifica came with both a hard dodger and bimini. We love the dodger, but have yet to put up the bimini. Maybe later in September when we do our cruise to Stillwater Cove we'll try out the bimini.

Greg Davids

Traveler

Member I
Yes indeed a great time was had, and it was a pleasure meeting up with you all!

Great pictures Greg!

We had a terrific sail on Sunday afternoon....we were trying to follow Maverick, but got scraped off by the Bay Bridge when a container ship plowed through. Afterwords when we thought we were catching up it turned out that we were chasing the wrong boat (an E-38).

I could hear some of the chatter on the VHF, but never could pick any of you guys out on the somewhat crowded central bay. :eek:

How about we start laying out some plans for a slightly larger event for next year?

ccorcoran

Member II
Next Year!

I agree, looks like a great time was had by all! BTW, great photos. Sorry we weren't able to make it; however, with enough advance warning, we can definitely make the next round. If anyone's heading up to the delta, let us know, we're on the way and there are a few E-boats around.

Blue Chip

Member III
he only messages I can find seem to be refering to a raft up in August a year ago. Has anyone written in 2005 on this page in 2995?

Mark May
Blue Chip

Guy Stevens

Yes, but it is confusing to get there!!

There is a raft up planned for the end of July 2005 at Clipper Cove. How to get you to the message section for it defies a simple link. So here are the directions to get there....

This should be a map:

EY.o Information Exchange > Regional Ericson Forums > Ericsons Northern California > Summer Bay Area Ericson Gathering?

There has to be an easier way, but I sure as heck can't figure out how to link to it :)

Guy
:)

boatboy

Inactive Member
Hi Pat and Ed,

Everything is still as planned.

By the way, I think I know why you don't see the thread for the event. On the page where you see the thread listings, there is a section for display options. Set it for viewing the last 2 months.