• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

TransPac

Gord Bell

Member II
Just like to say, race well done to Phil MacFarlane on his recent TransPac. Out of 21 boats he corrected out to first in his class and also corrected out to first overall. The boat the Phil sails is a 1971 e35
:cheers:

Last edited:

rehammond

Big Transpac Congrats

I too followed the latest SSS Transpac, albeit less statistically. The thing amazing me and confirming my work on resurrecting a dead E27 was simply the count of 3 Ericsons at the finish line out of 21. Good design, great boat, I'm a happy sailor enjoying my choice of vessel.

Congratulations to All - Miss Laney, Ergo, and Sail A Vie for a good sail completed!!!

Phil MacFarlane

Member III
Thanks

:) Thanks guys, it was agreat time. I am allready looking forward to doing it again. Yes Ericsons are great boats. Of the three that did the race I dont know of any that had any real problems. The two 35s both over 33 years old sailed home and the 30+ took a Matson ship home.
Can you imagine if you had bought my boat Sail a Vie ( or any like boat ) in 1971 when she was first sold and you still had her today ? What a value you would have received.
I doubt that if when Mr. King drew these boats or the people at the factory built them, they had any idea that over 30 years latter they would be sailing to Hawaii and other far off places.
Old boats are good boats, and Ericsons are good old boats.
Cheers Phil

Seth

Sustaining Partner
35-2 is awesome!

Congrats from Chicago on the T-PAC performance! I was fortunate to help develop some new Carbon Sails for the 35-2 "Providence" as she won her section and was 3rd OVERALL in this years Chicago-Mac Race! With proper updating, it is amazing how ell these boats continue to perform!
Good sailing all!