• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Buoy

supersailor

Contributing Partner
On the 28th of December we treated our kids and the grandson Luke age 2 1/2 (Gook according to him) to a trip to Victoria and Buchart Gardens. Buchart Gardens has an incredible Christmas display of lights and a theme of the Twelve Days of Christmas. For the North Westerners who haven't seen it, go. It is more than worth it.

We all piled on the Coho Ferry for the 22 mile crossing of the Straights. I took little Luke forward to the front of the Coho while we were still tied to the dock and showed him the buoy at the end of the spit. It was about a mile and a half away. I told him we had to go around the buoy before we headed to Victoria. We then went back to our seats. After we left the dock, Luke, his mother and I went to the fantail to admire the view of the Olympics (they are spectacular with the heavy load of snow they have this year). As we started the turn around the spit buoy, Luke said "Look mommy, there's the buoy boat." Apparently he had associated the buoy that I had mentioned with the fact that it was floating and called it a buoy boat. Never sell your little ones short!

alcodiesel

Bill McLean
Bob, you had me at grandson. I am still waiting for one.
This is a sweet story: buoy boat. Sounded like you had a wonderful day. Thank you.

supersailor

Contributing Partner
He is an interesting little guy. My biggest problem with him is he can't reach the spinnaker bale so can't set the pole. Maybe I can get him to redesign it so he can set it.