• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Travel blog

EKP

Member II
Hello everyone,

I started a website to document my travels aboard my E29. Over the next 10 months I'm going to be slowly outfitting it for bluewater cruising, as my goal is to make it all the way around. If anyone is interested, please take a look. I've been trying to add as much content as possible. If anyone has any comments, corrections, or general advise, I would love to hear it! This weekend two friends and I will be sailing down the ICW from VA to Jacksonville NC. I'm going to try and get some videos and throw them on there as well.

Here's the link:

http://www.theraggedsailor.com

Thanks for looking!

-Ethan

Shelman

Member III
Blogs Author
Cant wait to see it unfold Ethan! I have been preparing my little E-26 for offshore sailing too and I'm always interested in comparing ideas, rebuilds and upgrades.
I see you have a swim step on the transom, did you add it or was it there when you got the boat? I'm just finishing a swim step on my 26' right now.

Last edited:

EKP

Member II
Cant wait to see it unfold Ethan! I have been preparing my little E-26 for offshore sailing too and I'm always interested in comparing ideas, rebuilds and upgrades.

Good to hear! I'm waiting on a local sailmaker to get back to me with a quote. Just picked up a monitor wind vane. Going to replace all the standing and running rigging and redo everything inside. It will definitely be a jorney.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Very exciting.

You asked for opinions, and I think the typeface on the blog is too stylishly gray and should be blacker and more legible. People will be reading on iphones and laptops on boats with glare.

Also, most blogs have an easy way to comment. If it's there, I didn't see it.

Good luck!
Christian
USMCR discharged Dec 18, 1966

Or maybe the type is too small and you could go up a few points. Or maybe just the same font and size, but bold. Ask others what they think.

Last edited:

EKP

Member II
Very exciting.

You asked for opinions, and I think the typeface on the blog is too stylishly gray and should be blacker and more legible. People will be reading on iphones and laptops on boats with glare.

Also, most blogs have an easy way to comment. If it's there, I didn't see it.

Good luck!
Christian
USMCR discharged Dec 18, 1966

Or maybe the type is too small and you could go up a few points. Or maybe just the same font and size, but bold. Ask others what they think.

I was hoping you would share some thoughts. I will play around with the font. I believe I have to write it in some type of document writer like microsoft word, then copy and paste it over. You can make it so people can add comments after every post. I will have to check that box.

I didn't know you served, but it definitely makes sense. That was a hell of a time to be in. 5 years will be up next June.

Thanks for sharing!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I was hoping you would share some thoughts. I will play around with the font. I believe I have to write it in some type of document writer like microsoft word, then copy and paste it over. You can make it so people can add comments after every post. I will have to check that box.

I didn't know you served, but it definitely makes sense. That was a hell of a time to be in. 5 years will be up next June.
Thanks for sharing!

Ohhhhhh, to be so Young again!
:)

Loren
USNR, active duty '67- '68, NavComSta, Guam, MI

ps: the web site for the Norway E-29 trip is still on line, altho not all in English....
http://www.trafficated.com

Last edited:

EKP

Member II
Ohhhhhh, to be so Young again!

Loren
USNR, active duty '67- '68, NavComSta, Guam, MI

I didn't know there were vets here. Doesn't surprise me though. I'm the only military guy I know that sails. Can't seem to get my friends to get into it. Hopefully I can inspire some with my travels and experiences.

Thanks for commenting!

gadangit

Member III
I didn't know there were vets here. Doesn't surprise me though. I'm the only military guy I know that sails. Can't seem to get my friends to get into it. Hopefully I can inspire some with my travels and experiences.

Thanks for commenting!

Oh, there are plenty.

Chris
USMC 89-93

EKP

Member II
Oh, there are plenty.

Chris
USMC 89-93

Always a good thing. I wasn't even born when you got out. I love telling that to my higher ups, they were in already in or were just getting started when I was a child.

gadangit

Member III
Always a good thing. I wasn't even born when you got out. I love telling that to my higher ups, they were in already in or were just getting started when I was a child.

Hmmm, I wasn't born yet when Christian or Loren got out, so I'm feeling pretty young around here. They must be the "quaint" group on the forum :)

Good luck with your project!

EKP

Member II
Hmmm, I wasn't born yet when Christian or Loren got out, so I'm feeling pretty young around here. They must be the "quaint" group on the forum :)

Good luck with your project!

Well that makes you younger than my parents. They're definitely the driving force of knowledge here.

Thanks a lot!

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
All true, but it wasn't Capt. Quint (played by Robert Shaw) who spoke that line. It was Roy Scheider's character addressing Capt. Quint.:nerd:

Merrimist

Hammy, 'Merrimist' E38 in sunny Bda
Ex Diesel boat Sailor "DBF"

RAN (Royal Australian Navy) 1979 -2000 ASM with Special Ops Clasp from way back in another life....

Owner 'Merrrimist' 38 200 in Bermuda.

Anyone here planning to come to the Onion Patch for the AC 2017?