• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Self Indulgence

Nigel Barron

Notorious Iconoclast
Well sort of self indulgent. I was emailed this photo from Swiftsure on Saturday morning as we were getting ready to head out. You can also see the stern of another Ericson that I did not recognize. It is the one with the wood frame for the radar unit. I am tied up to a San Juan 28, and you can also see part of the stern of the Formula 40 cat Dragonfly.

Nigel
Ericson 27 #478
Green Card

Attachments

• gc4.jpg
    gc4.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 48

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
You are mentioned in the results article in the new 48 North, as well. That is one fine looking Ericson.
Way to go!

Loren in PDX

ps: this web site has sure become a great community as well as a resource.

:egrin:

refugee

Congrats, Nigel!

For finishing first in your class (P) at this year's Swiftsure. That's two years in a row, right? One of these days you'll have to tell this forum how you horizoned all those 'faster' (according to PHRF) boats. Excellent job!

Nick Reynolds

Member II
Dear Nigel,

Dear Nigel,

I was there! I stopped by your boat a couple of times Friday evening, but didn't see anyone aboard. I was moored at the Wharf Street dock. (There were six boats moored outboard of me, I didn't sleep well Friday night!). I was there a couple of weeks early, having sailed up in the Oregon Offshore (www.cycportland.com). Based on the results of that race, I probably wouldn't have been much of a threat to you!

I didn't end up sailing the race for a couple of reasons, but I was there and sure enjoyed the ambience of Victoria and the docks. I sailed to Dungeness Light Saturday night, and into Port Angeles on Sunday, by myself. So I listened to the position reports, and generally enjoyed the race vicariously.

Once again, you appeared to have a great race. Congratulations on a terrific finish. Did you see the write-up on the Swiftsure website (www.swiftsure.org) where one of the competitors in a Catalina 27 was talking about trying to catch you? Pretty dog gone cool.

Nice job. Maybe we will cross paths next year.