• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

An Absolute Thrill!

lonokai

Member III
Yesterday in Marina del Rey was windy...to the tune of about 5-10 knots or more....and there was heavy surf 3-8 feet or so, moderate swells and a small craft advisory for the evening.

I have only sailed once on my Ericsson 27 since I bought her about a month or so ago.

So, I took a friend, an experienced TRANSPAC sailor and my daughter and we headed out the channel.

What a fantastic experience. There was enough wind and waves once we left the marina to make for an absolutely exciting day of sailing up and down between Venice and San Pedro.

Our little 27-footer was tossed quite a bit whenever we slowed, as you can imagine from a smaller craft, but this was the reason I bought my boat and why I want to learn to sail.

It helped to have an experienced "hand" on board to provide for an educational experience.

I love this sport!

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Yesterday in Marina del Rey was windy...to the tune of about 5-10 knots or more....and there was heavy surf 3-8 feet or so, moderate swells and a small craft advisory for the evening.

I have only sailed once on my Ericsson 27 since I bought her about a month or so ago.

So, I took a friend, an experienced TRANSPAC sailor and my daughter and we headed out the channel.

What a fantastic experience. There was enough wind and waves once we left the marina to make for an absolutely exciting day of sailing up and down between Venice and San Pedro.

Our little 27-footer was tossed quite a bit whenever we slowed, as you can imagine from a smaller craft, but this was the reason I bought my boat and why I want to learn to sail.

It helped to have an experienced "hand" on board to provide for an educational experience.

I love this sport!

Excellent! Keep sailing and you should start making plans to cross the San Pedro Channel and sail to Catalina Islands. I'm no TransPac vet but I have sailed to the island over 40 times now. You now have the perfect boat for it! Sail on Sailor! :egrin: