• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Who's Ericson 36C ?

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I saw this Ericson 36C motoring out of the Main Channel in LA Harbor a couple of weeks ago. Is the owner on this site? Love the design of these boats, never seen one before. It was kinda far from me. Had to really zoom in. Rigged as a cutter.

Attachments

• Ericson 36C.jpg
    Ericson 36C.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 807

Shearwater

Member I
E36c

That could be Unda Maris, I believe she is out of Long Beach. If it's her, she and our Shearwater were side by side for a short time in the Benicia Marina before she headed south.

erikwfab

Member II
That be Me E36C #8 Unda Maris

Right O, Dave, my former neighbor in Benicia. i have been in San Pedro for the last 5+ years at Ports of Call Marina formerly San Pedro Marina, next to the Acapulco restaurant.
That now is going away as the city has plans to renovate..Marina closes April 30 so north to MDR i go, i will miss the commercial port but look forward to having the boat closer to home and only a bike ride away, plus we can always move back or just head out and not look back. thanks for the picture Jeff!
attachment.php

Attachments

• iphone photos 402.jpg
    iphone photos 402.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 452

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Right O, Dave, my former neighbor in Benicia. i have been in San Pedro for the last 5+ years at Ports of Call Marina formerly San Pedro Marina, next to the Acapulco restaurant.
That now is going away as the city has plans to renovate..Marina closes April 30 so north to MDR i go, i will miss the commercial port but look forward to having the boat closer to home and only a bike ride away, plus we can always move back or just head out and not look back. thanks for the picture Jeff!
Erik,

Yeah, I know all about the new harbor developments. Good luck in MDR. I understand why you would want to be closer to your boat. I have a friend in MDR but he still prefers to moor his boat in Pedro in part because of it's close proximity to Catalina, and moorage is cheaper here. I have been at Cabrillo Marina for 14 1/2 years now. Then I bought a house here in Pedro in 12 years ago. With all the new developments going on here you may have heard some folks calling it Marina Del Pedro. MDP :roll eyes:

Thanks for you reply. I do love your boat! :grin:

Beam Winds where ever you travel! Peace!

Last edited:

Glyn Judson

Slips in MDR

Erik, I'm sorry that you are having to move, I know the feeling. About eight months ago we were kicked out of our slip, having been in it for the past 20 years in order for the County to totally rebuild it. Less than a month ago we were invited to return which we did gladly. We have EVERYTHING new here from new heads on land to handicap access gangways to concrete docks, all new water mains and electrical services (no meters). I can't recommend the new facility enough and if that is of any interest, get in touch with the LA County Department of Beaches & Harbors to apply for a new one for your lovely Ericson Cruising 36. I've attached an image of our boat in our new slip with an additional of just a small part of the new construction that will total a bit fewer than brand new 200 slips. Welcome to MDR wherever you end up, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey CA

Attachments

• DSC_9465.jpg
    DSC_9465.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 209

erikwfab

Member II
MDR slip

Glyn,

Your 31C looks familiar, i recall riding by her recently. After scouring MDR for a slip I ended up at Marina Del Rey Marina, G basin next to the MDR Hotel, it appears to be in the background of your photo, we are in slip G718.
The docks are a bit dated and i hear they are slated for an upgrade in the coming years but this is now home, and we are happy.

April 23 there is a swap meet in the parking lot, here is the notice I received form the Marina, time to clean out the bosun's locker;

Marina del Rey Marina
Annual "Marine Gear"
Swap Meet!

SATURDAY

April 23rd 8:00am - 3:00pm

Free Spaces *Free Parking * Free Entry
Pancho the Taco Man will be here!

Advertised in The Log, The Mariner,
Argonaut & Craigslist

Call 310-822-0316 to reserve your FREE space!
MDR 90292

a023ab06-41a3-4c78-b781-9b8897750707.jpg

Glyn Judson

Spotting your boat.

Erik, I'm not sure I can pick out your boat in the background of the photo of ours unless you have a mainsail cover the same color as ours. Let's visit one another's boats and have lunch afterward. We are on the G1600 dock but the construction so new and ongoing, we haven't even been assigned slip numbers yet. Glyn C: 310.804.9198

erikwfab

Member II
Glyn,

Vessel visits and a lunch sound good, our slip is not visible in the photo, we are opposite side of basin further west, only orange jib sunbrella cover Ive seen so far.
Cheers,