• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Transmission linkage

James Carlisle

My Ericson32 has the Universal transmission linkage in the steering pedestal. It has an engraving on the bottom "Merriman Yacht Specialties". I can't find the manufacturer. There is a ring on top of the pedestal which holds the shifting lever and the throttle lever. This ring is broken causing the shift lever from moving the shifting cables from correctly moving the shifting arm on the transmission. Where can I get a replacement ring? The part # is Y321-0110. Are there any after market parts available? I welcome any suggestions.
Thank you:
Jim Carlisle
jamescarlisle@aol.com

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Yacht Specialties went out of business sometime in the late 80' or early 90's. The remainder of their stock of parts was purchased by Doc Freemans in Seattle, WA. The phone # for Docs is 1-800-423-8644.
When Ericson built my boat in '88, they were using this same steering system.
Good luck to you.
Loren in Portland, OR

James Carlisle

Thank you very much for the speedy reply. I though I might have had to replace the whole pedestal on old Timberline but thanks to you I contacted Doc's and a new part is on the way. Expect to be able to rework unit next week. This resource is wonderful! From a land locked sailor in Wichita, Thanks again.:) :)

tim

pedestol

I also have a yacht specialties pedestol and need the whole linkage setup for mine. My controls are still in the cockpit. the phone# above did not work for me is it correct? I reached some investment firm.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Doc's Phone #

That's the number I used, or so I thought. Sometimes I get the occasional bout of "crs"... <G>
They also have a modest web site -- do a search on Doc Freemans.
Loren

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Doc's real Phone....

I just checked the web, and I posted the wrong #. Here is the info from their site:
<quote>
Doc Freeman's Marine Super Store
Legendary sales and service since 1947

STORE HOURS:
MON-FRI 8:00AM-6:00PM
SAT 8:00AM-5:00PM
1401 N.W. Leary Way,
Seattle(Ballard),WA 98107-1529

Looking for a hard to find part, or need advice?
We offer wordwide shipping, call us:
Phone: 206-633-1500 or 800-423-8641
We have one of the largest inventories of marine parts and products in the world. We still scour the country for hard to find parts. Our experienced staff knows what it takes to keep your boat, "ship shape and Bristol fashion". If you need anything for your boat, we're the place to call... Doc would have liked that.
<endquote>
Sorry for the wrong number!
Loren