• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Dragging Anchor on the Backside sucks!

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Yeah, the Daily Breeze said, "A 53-year-old man was airlifted from the rocks on Catalina Island’s north side after his sailboat ran aground early Monday."

Even Doug Oudin, former Harbor Master at Two Harbors caught that "Backside" mistake when I shared this link on Facebook. I guess peoples perspective might be different on what's back or front depending on what side of the island your on. :egrin: What ever, at least the sailor is safe. :clap:

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
Yeah, the Daily Breeze said, "A 53-year-old man was airlifted from the rocks on Catalina Island’s north side after his sailboat ran aground early Monday."

Even Doug Oudin, former Harbor Master at Two Harbors caught that "Backside" mistake when I shared this link on Facebook. I guess peoples perspective might be different on what's back or front depending on what side of the island your on. :egrin: What ever, at least the sailor is safe. :clap:

Hi, Jeff.

Yes, I can see where "front" and "back" could depend upon one's point of view! But the Island "natives," at least, consistently refer to the north side as the "front" and south as "back." Also, from their point of view, we are located "overtown." Interesting culture.... The erroneous reference to the "north side," though, was just plain wrong! :rolleyes:

Any plans to head over to the Island this summer? Three of my buddies and I were over there this last weekend, operating in the Amateur radio Field Day contest from a Beneteau 36.7. (We went to Howlands.) The weather was pleasant and Howlands, at least, wasn't too crowded.

--Alan

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hi, Jeff.

Any plans to head over to the Island this summer? Three of my buddies and I were over there this last weekend, operating in the Amateur radio Field Day contest from a Beneteau 36.7. (We went to Howlands.) The weather was pleasant and Howlands, at least, wasn't too crowded.

--Alan

Not sure when I will have time to get back there this Summer. Been using a lot of my time off these days to spend it with my aging Parent's up in Washington State. I was over there at Isthmus Cove for Memorial Day weekend. Talk about crowds, but I knew what I was getting into. All the holidays are like that. Still doing a lot of day sailing on the weekends just off shore. Might get over there the weekend after Labor Day. Thinking Howlands or Emerald when I do get back over there. Isthmus Cove is getting old, or I'm too old for that scene. :egrin: