• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Labor Day Week Channel Islands Cruise.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Labor Day Week Channel Islands Cruise. The tentative departure day is Friday September 3rd.

It is now official. If anyone else is interested. I am holding a Skipper's Meeting to discuss plans to cruise to the Channel Islands during the week of Labor Day 2004. So far there are two Ericson 27's, one Cal 29 and one Islander 28 in our flotilla. We are all leaving from three different harbors on the So Cal coast. San Pedro, King Harbor and Marina del Ray. The plan is to cruise straight to Channel Islands Harbor in Oxnard which will probably take 17 hours from San Pedro, less form Marina del Ray. Most of us will arrive early the next day. Sleep in and then make the 18.5 mile crossing to Smugglers Cove on Santa Cruz Island the next day. From there we will decide on what other anchorages to visit on the Channel Islands. Most of us will be cruising the whole week.

The Skipper's Meeting will be held at the Lounge/Bar at the San Pedro Hilton next to the Cabrillo Marina at 5 pm on Saturday March 13th.

Thank You

Jefferson Asbury:egrin:

Attachments

• channelislflyer.jpg
    channelislflyer.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 235

Davis Modlin

Inactive Member
Jeff,

I won't be out on labor day weekend but will be out the mid week after. my days off are Weds. and Thurs. and I can already feel a bad case of ratherbesailnitis coming on around that time. So I'll more than likely be out there Tues the 5th thru Thurs the 7th. Maybe we'll see you out there.

Davis Modlin

Salsa
E-29
#226:egrin:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
The more the merrier.

Great Davis,

The more the merrier. We also have two other boats coming from Channel Islands Harbor. We now have 7 in the flotilla

I sent you a private e-mail.

Skipper "Pride of Cucamonga"

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hello all,

It's been a few weeks since I have talked to you all. I spent Easter weekend Sailing to Avalon on Catalina and back with my sister Sarah. Great weather, Dolphin and Whale sightings and lots of wind.

I would appreciate a response to this e-mail from all of you because the only one who responded to the earlier ones was Earl.

Tim's was e-mail was kicked back as non deliverable. If any one has his correct e-mail address for Tim please send it to me.

OK, now for the news. We may be having a few more Yachts joining us that are coming from Oxnard and Ventura Harbors. The Skippers and Yachts are as follows:

Davis Modlin on "Salsa", a Ericson 29 out of Ventura Harbor

Brad on "Bandit", a Santana 22 out of Channel Islands Harbor

Scott Anderson on "The Name Has Been Changed to Protect the Innocent", a Columbia 22 out of Channel Islands Harbor.

That makes seven yachts gathering at the Channel Islands so far.

I highly recommend taking the Seminar on Channel Islands Cruising by Brad Avery at Orange Coast Collage Sailing School in Newport on June 17th from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm. To make a reservation for this class please call: (949) 654-9412.

I know Ian and myself are attending for sure.
I would like to hear from everyone about when we want to get together for out next meeting at Catalina Island. Rob mentioned something about another gathering at Howlings Landing.

Beam Reaches for now.

Thank You

Jefferson Asbury

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Labor Day Week Channel Islands Cruise. Postponed? Catalina back side instead?

Hello Ladies and Gentleman,

Due to circumstances beyond my control I will have to bow out of this trip to Channel Islands I organized. I sincerely apologize for the short notice. What happened was I got myself into a bit more than I could chew when I decided to move to San Pedro from Tujunga. This involved the selling and buying of homes as well as the restoration of the one I bought. It has been a rough six months for me. I just don't feel that I am physically or mentally prepared for this trip. There were also a lot of things I wanted to do to my boat that I haven't had time for. I also had my crew cancel out a couple of months ago and really don't want to do this long passage single handed or crew with people I haven't sailed with before.

I am not the only one canceling out of this trip. Greg Carlson and his boat the Islander 28 "Phantasma" has decided to go to Thailand for his vacation. Greg was the only other boat from my Marina in San Pedro that was going and I was looking forward to having the company of another boat on the first leg of the trip. That leaves just the crew of the "Pahi Nui" (Spelling?) and Ian Jory's boat in King Harbor and possibly Brad's boat "Bandit" in Oxnard.

What I propose is to do a more extended trip to Catalina if anyone is interested. I have not been to Cat Harbor and any of the moorages on the back side of the island. I was hoping you all might want to meet up there mid week in the first week of September instead and postpone the Channel Islands trip until September of next year.

Once again many apologies.

Call me if you like at (818) 903-0651

Skipper, "Pride of Cucamonga"

Jeff Asbury