• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Boat Rentals in St. Petersburg Area

Joe Lovelady

- Originally Posted 5 Nov 2000 -

ATTN: Tampa/St. Petersburg Area Sailors

I'll be visiting in the St. Petersburg area in January and February next year and am interested in renting a sailboat for a few days. I'll need something in the 28 to 30 foot range. I plan to sail local coastal waters and perhaps a little off shore. Can someone recommend a rental
source?

I have taken coastal navigation courses in Seattle, Washington and have a certificate, but do not have any other "official" certifications; just 30 years of sailing experience and ownership of a variety of boats on the Texas Gulf Coast, the West Indies, and lakes in the inter mountain
West. Would these qualifications allow me to rent a 28 to 30 footer?

Thanks for any information and advice you may be willing to offer.

Joe Lovelady
s/v "Majendie" - E29

Lenny

Originally posted by Joe Lovelady
...I have taken coastal navigation courses in Seattle, Washington and have a certificate, but do not have any other "official" certifications; just 30 years of sailing experience and ownership of a variety of boats on the Texas Gulf Coast, the West Indies, and lakes in the inter mountain West. Would these qualifications allow me to rent a 28 to 30 footer?

Thanks for any information and advice you may be willing to offer.

Joe Lovelady
s/v "Majendie" - E29

That and a Master Card...........Maybe go for a short ride and start the diesel. There's always someone around that can show you how to get in and out of the harbor ... for a cold beer, of course...

:)

Lenny