• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-27 Patriot heading over to Catalina 11/1/13

Gregoryulrich

Member III
Hey SoCal Ericson owners, I'm reposting this from the raft up:

I thought I'd mention that I'm heading out to Catalina Island this weekend (Nov 1-3 2013) in case anyone from the forum fleet will be there. We will be leaving MDR early Friday morning destined for Avalon. Saturday afternoon we will tie up at the Isthmus before heading home late morning Sunday. This will be my first sail over there in Patriot and my Second In Command's first sailboat trip ever so it should be an interesting time. If anyone is over there feel free to stop by for a beer and a chin wag.

I'm just finishing up on some post-sale maintenance including the installation of a new AGM deep cycle battery, 15W solar panel (the mount is a little dubious but it's good enough for this trip), LED strip mood lighting in the vee berth:woot:, electrical deck fittings for the cockpit rail mounted speakers and finishing up the repair on the compass unit of the Tiller Master I purchased a few weeks back. The compass tested bad and I've been unable to source a parts unit so I tore it open and repaired the problem. I'll be posting pictures and an explanation of the process at some point in the future. I hope to get it mounted in time for the Friday morning departure but it may not happen.

I hope to see you there!