• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Marine mechanic for Palmer 4 long beach shoreline

Ace

I missed the responses due to the hack.Somebody had posted the name of a marine mechanic who was known to be good. I have had some very bad luck getting ahold of on. Please repost if you know a good Marine Mechanic. The thread seems to be lost due to the hack.TYVMAce

fgmjrmorton

Marine Mechanic

I posted before the catastrophe occurred. I had very good luck with a young man who works out of the San Pedro area diagnosing and correcting a fuel pump problem with the Atomic 4 in my Ericson 29. He was recommended by a long time sailor in the area. His name is Mike and his cell phone number is (310) 982-9163. He performed the work in my slip at (I thought) a very reasonable rate and NEATLY.

Good luck in your search!

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
S&W Diesel, Inc.

There is also S&W Diesel, they did a great job rebuilding my Yanmar 1GM10 back in 2004. Robert Greening who works there is a friend of mine and he help me replace my fuel tank in 2011. Very pleased with the experienced staff there. They also work on Perkins, Yanmar, Isuzu and John Deere Marine, I bet they could help with your Palmer.

http://www.swdieselinc.com

S&W Diesel, Inc. 336 Lakme Ave.
Wilmington CA 90744 (310) 835-3155
Email us at swdieselinc@sbcglobal.net

there is also

Captain's Locker. I have only bought parts from them, but, Captain’s Locker is a marine and boating supplies and equipment store. Conveniently located in the Alamitos Bay Landing, the store services novice and expert fisherman alike. It also offers boat-repair services and tools. In business since 1998, the store offers free parking and dock-side services

194 N Marina Dr, Long Beach, CA 90803
(562) 598-6611

Last edited:

Ace

Thanks everybody.

I just met Mike at the boat and he has given me every reason to feel confident that he is the man for the job. Sadly our boat has a gas Palmer 4 rather than a Deisel. He also does electronics, plumbing and rigging. I am hopeful that we can report his success here soon.Thanks everybody for your assistance.

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Where do you go for parts support for a Palmer? I've actually never seen one. The current engine on my '69 is a 1982 Atomic Four and I've often wondered if it was originally equipped with a Palmer that was later swapped out.

Ace

Parts

Where do you go for parts support for a Palmer? I've actually never seen one. The current engine on my '69 is a 1982 Atomic Four and I've often wondered if it was originally equipped with a Palmer that was later swapped out.
Those parts that I have looked for have been available at marine engine parts stores. I removed the distributed cap and roter and brought it into the store. They were able to get what I needed in a day. Thus far the parts I have delt with are not too exotic