• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Comfortable seating in cockpit

gadangit

Member III
I would love to see what kind of seats/cushions/contraptions people use in their cockpit to make it more comfortable to sit. Both underway and while at dock are of interest. I was recently on a sailboat that had these big cushiony recliner type things that were pretty sweet. Pictures would be appreciated...

Cheers!
Chris

Shelman

Member III
Blogs Author
I don't have anything in the cockpit to sit on since I threw away my cockpit cushions. But I have thought some small captains chairs facing inward on either side would be really comfortable for longer sails. The cockpit of my 26 doesn't have what I would call extra space though, so it has never happened.

Dave N

Member III
We use these west marine cushions under sail and dockside...they are very comfy when sitting on the low side heeled over. They seem to go on sale several times each season.

Attachments

• 20130706_162718 (1024x768).jpg
    20130706_162718 (1024x768).jpg
    113 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
We had cushions custom made for the entire cockpit. They're really comfortable and did not cost more than $300. I like the Sporta Seats and will probably get a couple soon.