• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Closet rod in V-berth?

adam

Member III
Has anyone installed a closet rod in their v-berth?

Any suggestions on how best to do it?

adam

Member III
Closet rod in v-berth - update

Here's a photo of what I'm planning.

closet_rod.jpg

I'm now debating between creating a more finished look by creating teak "ends" for the pole to go through, or going with a simpler and more flexible approach of simply tying the pole in place.

Either way, it seems I'm going to have to drill a couple of holes through the fiberglass liner which makes up those shelves.

Does anyone have any suggestions or warnings before I start drilling?

Cheers!

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Oh, the PO had some such thing in there. I tore it out and it made the whole v-berth much less claustrophobic. Since the aft end is taller, I thought it made more sense to put some deep hanging hooks on the v-berth side of the bulkhead.

Fparry

Member II
closet rod in v berth

This is a very good idea which utilizes space normally unused in my boat unless going overnight with guests (which isn't often). The previous owner of my boat removed the rod from the hanging locker in the aft berth and converted it to a storage locker by installing shelves. I will keep in mind this mod although now that I think about it I never wear or bring anything on the boat which would require hanging.