• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Any social hour or sails planned for SailExpo(April)

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
We have our motel reserved and are about to book the plane. Is there any planned gathering of Ericson owners for Friday night? Sat. sailing or happy hour?
:)
We are presently booked from Wed nite thru Fri nite, planning to fly home Sat evening. We could change, and find somewhere to stay Sat nite, if motivated. AFAIK our motel at Jack London Square has been booked up for several months. There are other nearby motels with rooms.
Since I was about to book the non-refundable airfare, it seemed worthwhile to ask if there was any Ericson extraviganza in the works for Sat night.
Present plans are to be at the show Wed and Thurs, using Friday and Sat for sightseeing or ??
There will be another couple of Ericson owners there from our YC as well, same days.
Thanks,
Loren in Portland, OR
Olson 34 #8
:cool:

rssailor

Boat show???

Loren,
I am not aware of any Ericson owners gatherings in conjunction with the boat show. Would be willing to take some people out for a sail that week if any other owners are intersted. Ryan

ref_123

Member III
Boat show

Hi, all,

no special plans, but we sure will be glad to meet for lunch or whatever. Perferably, on Saturday. Will be nice to meet people after reading their messages for a while :).

Me and my wife, Tanya, plan to do a bit of shopping during these days - show prices are usually good, at least for electronics.

Best regards,
Stanly

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Best time/day to meet... ??

I was wondering if a morning (i.e. breakfast) get-together might work... maybe Friday or Saturday at 8 am?
By mid morning we plan (well, a loose plan... :)) to do some sightseeing. Any suggestions for stuff to visit by ferry boat around the Bay would be welcome, BTW.
We are on track to do the Show Wed. and Thurs. all afternoon both days.

However, if Sat night works best for the rest of you we can understand... (we are booked fo fly home Sat. evening, is the reason I even suggest other times or days.)

Best,
Loren in Portland, OR
:egrin:

ref_123

Member III
Breakfast at Sail Expo

Hi, all,

sounds almost like a "Breakfast at Tiffany"... At any rate, 8AM is not working - we have 42 miles to drive to Oakland. How about 9AM on Saturday?

Wish we could be there on Thursday or Friday, but I am pretty sure our bosses will not give a day off to either of us...

Regards,
Stanly

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Almost Time!

Current weather forecast looks like Wed. may be better for the in-water part (if the showers hold off) and Thursday will see us doing the tent visits.
Of course weather can change, and so might our plans....
:)
We have all of Fri and Sat daytime open, and a Sat 9 am get-together for eggs and sea stories might work out real well. Maybe?
Suggestions for good breakfast choices within walking distance of the Show?

It would be neat to meet some of the other Ericson and Olson folks.

At any rate, I will have my cell phone on while down there....

We are staying at Best Western Inn at The Square.
I do not believe that this motel has internet access like the Marriott.... (and the Marriott was just as cheap, but several long blocks uptown).

Best,
Loren in PDX
:egrin:

Last edited:

ref_123

Member III
Did not work out too well, did it?

Sorry the get-together did not work out for us. I had to work on Saturday morning.

Hope you had a good time.

Regards,
Stanly