• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Strictly Sail show in Long Beach

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Yeah, thinking about going Greg.

Yeah, thinking about going Greg. I'll try to give you a heads up if I do. I think I still have your e-mail and phone #'s, of course there's always FB. Wonder if there's gonna be any good swag there. :egrin:

Rob Salinas

Member II
Heck Ya

I'll be there! Thinking about sailing down Sat. morning. Shoreline Marina has lots of guest slips available. Do the show Sat., stay for party Sat night (free pizza beer music), day sail back to marina Sun. Any local E owners coming down or sailing in? We need to represent! Skipper Jeff, trying to hook up with Jamie to get Pahi Nui opend up. Polish up the horned helmet!

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Where are these so called guest slips at Shoreline?

Where are these so called guest slips at Shoreline? :confused: Can't make it Sat. Driving down Sunday early.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Last edited:

windjunkee

Member III
Did anyone see the Ericson 39 at the Strictly Sail Show? Is the helm that far forward in EVERY E-39?

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason, E-32 Hull #134
Redondo Beach, CA

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Did anyone see the Ericson 39 at the Strictly Sail Show? Is the helm that far forward in EVERY E-39?

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason, E-32 Hull #134
Redondo Beach, CA

Yeah I went on board. I didn't really notice the helm position. All I know is that it was a flush deck at. They were asking 59K for it and bragging how well it was kept up. Not nearly as nicely restored as Sven's Senta II. If Sven's boat was there it would have been a show stopper!

There was also Bruce King's 1976 Driscoll 41' Ketch "Unicorn". :egrin: It had a china cabinet with etched glass and about 20 coats of varnish. About 20 coats of varnish everywhere in the interior, even on the cabin sole. Beautiful boat, kinda reminded me of the Independence 31 & 36C in design. All teak decks though. They were asking 179K for it. I guess Bruce designed it for himself. Here's a couple pics.

Attachments

• Bruce King's 1976 Driscoll 41' "Unicorn" 1.jpg
    Bruce King's 1976 Driscoll 41' "Unicorn" 1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Bruce King's 1976 Driscoll 41' "Unicorn" 2.jpg
    Bruce King's 1976 Driscoll 41' "Unicorn" 2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Bruce King's 1976 Driscoll 41' "Unicorn" 3.jpg
    Bruce King's 1976 Driscoll 41' "Unicorn" 3.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Bruce King's 1976 Driscoll 41' "Unicorn" 4.jpg
    Bruce King's 1976 Driscoll 41' "Unicorn" 4.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Meanolddad

Member III
Not nearly as nice as your pictures. It was a nice boat though. Almost gave me a case of 9 footitis. The broker mentioned that every Ericson owner that came aboard loved the Ericsons they owned. I think he was a little sick of us.:egrin:

Greg

Meanolddad

Member III
Different boat, same placement of the wheel. The wheel that close to the dodger would be great working your way to weather on a cold, blustery day.

Greg