• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New E-32 Owner in Long Beach

Roger

Member II
We finally did it! After years of lurking & occasionally contributing on this site, I’m finally a proud Ericson owner:egrin:! My wife & I purchased an ’86 32-3 (#668) in San Diego and brought it up to Long Beach this past weekend, about a 90 nm passage. A long way for our first voyage on the boat, but all went smoothly and she’s now residing in Alamitos Bay Marina. Her current name is “Wind Wisp”, but we plan to change it to “Equilibrium” (with proper ceremony, of course).

One of the reasons I went through with it is because of the great support network offered by this site. Although I was very familiar with new Ericsons (I worked there for 7 years, and one of my first projects was developing the 32-3), there are a lot of issues that come up on a 26 year old boat. As of now, my “to do” list is 3 pages long and growing, even though the boat was in quite good condition when we bought it.

We hope to see some of you in Catalina over the coming months.

-Roger

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
new Ericson...

Congrat's Roger.....A Nice Ericson to own....A great marina to park it in as well !! enjoy !!

Don Taugher

Member II
Always nice having another Ericson in Alamitos Bay. We have a 38-200 on gangway 14, please stop by if you have the chance, we are six boats from the parking lot.

Don Taugher
Running Free

Dave N

Member III
catalina

caught these two Ericsons on the Catalina cam Sunday...

Attachments

• 1390119192023277.jpg
    1390119192023277.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 1390119192026393.jpg
    1390119192026393.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 64

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
caught these two Ericsons on the Catalina cam Sunday...

If there was a web cam pointed at Fourth of July Cove (just around the bend from the picture you posted) and you looked now, you'd see yet another Ericson: mine! I'm not only the sole Ericson in Fourth of July but the only boat in the entire cove! :nerd: When I arrived on Wednesday there was one sailboat in Cherry, but yesterday got really, really crowded: there's now about THREE boats in the Cherry! But I'm still all alone here in Fourth!

I did notice what looked like an Ericson 28 parked over in the Isthmus against the west wall.

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Congrats on your purchase! Really neat to hear that you helped develop the model and bought one all these years later. That says a lot about Ericsons and you as an owner!
Rick

Roger

Member II
Thanks...

Thanks everyone! This thread was actually resurrected from Sept. 2012, so we're not quite new owners anymore, but still greatly enjoying the boat and still learning.

Don, thanks for the invite! We're on Gangway 16, so quite close to you - I'll swing by some time.