Tow Harbors on Labor Day?

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
We are breaking our rule of avoiding the place on major holiday weekends. Anyone
else going?

Martin

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
Maybe

One of my "non-equity" partners is planning a trip to Catalina that weekend. Not sure if Avalon or Two Harbors. So if you see my E-27, (can't miss the yellow topside!), its not me! :)

Dave Neptune

Member II
Yep

I'll be in Emerald Bay for the weekend. If you bumped out of the Isthmus and land in their drop by and say Hi ~mooring A-2.

Dave Neptune :cool:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
One of my "non-equity" partners is planning a trip to Catalina that weekend. Not sure if Avalon or Two Harbors. So if you see my E-27, (can't miss the yellow topside!), its not me! :)

Hey Todd, I saw your boat coming back from the Island with "non-equity" partners. Bright yellow E-27 with a orange kayak on deck was not hard to miss. I hailed "Serenity" on channel 16 and they responded, I first asked if this was Todd?, and they replied no, but that they were indeed your "non-equity" partners. :egrin: I was heading toward the Island and they were sailing back. Stiff breeze at about 18 knots. Both E-27's flying past each other. Probably 5.5 miles off shore. Your "non-equity" partners had the sails nicely trimmed and looked like they knew what they were doing. Nice to see your boat in person for once. :clap:

Beam Winds Todd! :cheers:

Last edited:

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
What no Picture?

Jeff,

He told me you hailed him on 16...They are good stewards of Sar.enna.ty. Husband and wife that always leave the boat in good/better condition than what they found it. It works out well.

The bolt that attaches the boom to the goose neck sheared when they were about a mile from ABM, so I spent yesterday removing what was left of the bolt, which had "welded" itself to the aluminum cap.

They left for the island on Friday morning so I was a bit surprised that they got a mooring at the Isthmus for the holiday weekend.

Next time take a picture for my portfolio, I'll photoshop the kayak out. :egrin:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Jeff,

He told me you hailed him on 16...They are good stewards of Sar.enna.ty. Husband and wife that always leave the boat in good/better condition than what they found it. It works out well.

The bolt that attaches the boom to the goose neck sheared when they were about a mile from ABM, so I spent yesterday removing what was left of the bolt, which had "welded" itself to the aluminum cap.

They left for the island on Friday morning so I was a bit surprised that they got a mooring at the Isthmus for the holiday weekend.

Next time take a picture for my portfolio, I'll photoshop the kayak out. :egrin:

Sorry about no photo Todd of "Sar.enna.ty". I guess I was just too excited to see your boat and make contact with it. Sorry about hearing about your goose neck. A good reminder to inspect mine.

Last edited: