• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

I sure hope the forum is not dying :(

our38

Member II
I sure hope the forum is not dying, because I'm going to need a lot of information from whomever is available. We are fairly new to sailing, and we just purchased a 1980 ericson 38' that needs a few things to get started. The bottom has a handful of blisters that need to be taken care of, as well as new bottom paint; I'm told it needs new standing and running rigging (someone is going up the mast tomorrow for a second opinion); bilge pump doesn't work (top of the list to fix); head is not connected to the holding tank (another top of the list to fix); couldn't find an emergency tiller (and don't know what it looks like), and sails might need to be replaced (we'll take them off, clean them up, and see if they can be stitched); and the hatches leak. These are only the things I know about. The hull and cabin top are all powdery; I'm told that I might be able to use some buffing compound (whatever that is). As I mentioned previously, we are new to sailing, and I've never owned a boat before, so this will be an adventure. I look forward to communicating with all of you, whoever and wherever you are.

dt222

Member III
I don't think it is dying

I'm relatively new (3 years now) and have always received help when I asked, contributed when I could, and review the past posts often. Those with more experience (sailing, repair, technical) have been very patient and gracious with their comments and time.

Don

kari

Member III
Dying! Whaddaya talking about? Great active helpful group here . . . welcome aboard . . .grab a stool and ask away . . .

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
I looked at a 84. E38-200 a few weeks ago in sd, ca...a nice boat....even some 30 years later......me thinks you are going to like the stability......

I sure hope the forum is not dying, because I'm going to need a lot of information from whomever is available. We are fairly new to sailing, and we just purchased a 1980 ericson 38' that needs a few things to get started. The bottom has a handful of blisters that need to be taken care of, as well as new bottom paint; I'm told it needs new standing and running rigging (someone is going up the mast tomorrow for a second opinion); bilge pump doesn't work (top of the list to fix); head is not connected to the holding tank (another top of the list to fix); couldn't find an emergency tiller (and don't know what it looks like), and sails might need to be replaced (we'll take them off, clean them up, and see if they can be stitched); and the hatches leak. These are only the things I know about. The hull and cabin top are all powdery; I'm told that I might be able to use some buffing compound (whatever that is). As I mentioned previously, we are new to sailing, and I've never owned a boat before, so this will be an adventure. I look forward to communicating with all of you, whoever and wherever you are.