• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Boat Show

Jim Payton

Inactive Member
So whose going to the San Diego Boat Show and when are you going?

I am fairly certain it starts Thursday afternoon (Jan. 8th) and goes through the weekend.

I am booked for Saturday and Sunday. I have to help my Mother-in-law move. I am not sure if I can go at all, but it would be a nice break to go to the Convention Center for a few hours.

Jim of the Doldrums

Jim Payton

Inactive Member
Bummer

Well, as I predicted I didn't get to go to the boat show. I moved furniture all weekend instead.
Did anyone get to go?
Was the show any good?
Were there new and exciting inovations?
Was there lots of free stuff?
Did you get to climb all over the new boats?

NGB

Member II
I didn't make it. I have not been to the San Diego show before, but I have been disappointed in the Long Beach show the last couple of times I went. Too much emphasis on power and noise and not enough on sail and quiet. The first time I went, nearly 20 years ago, I thought it was a beautiful and exciting event. Either the show has changed or I have.

Jim Payton

Inactive Member
LAST YEAR

I went to my first boat show last year, and it was about 50/50 power/sail. It was a lot of fun to climb all over the new boats. I think it is really cool that they can have the boats in the water becuase the marina is right behind the Convention Center.