• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

A newbie! I just bought a 1978 34t!!!

sayit8so

Inactive Member
Hi all my name is Cynthia I closed the deal two days ago. I am now a boat owner. I live in Long Beach California. Well I am a little confused where to start. My boat is in very good shape but I would like some tips or some web site links to buy cheaper gadgets like the basic light bulbs, cushion covers, storage or shelving units. Also if anyone has any cool interior ideas. Again the boat is in good shape I just want to fix her up to be cherry! I am also looking to purchase items for the make and model. These are a few things that I am in the market for. A small refrigerator (my seal is broke) cushion covers for inside and out or a place you could recommend. I need a complete cushion for the front birth. I also need to restore a window in the head. I dont know if I want to put carpet or wood on the floors any suggestions? Thank you.:confused:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Congratulations and welcome! Is you boat located in Long Beach?

I can recommend Pelican's Loft in San Pedro for canvas and cushions.

Pelican's Loft
307 E 22nd St
San Pedro, CA 90731
(310) 547-5489

or
Harbor Custom Canvas in Long Beach. (more expensive)
http://www.harborcustomcanvas.com

Defender Marine is a good mail order company for marine hardware.

http://www.defender.com

If your refrigerator is 12 volt it will be expensive to replace. If you just want a small 110 volt that you can hook up to shore power, you can just go to Target or Best Buy.

Again, congratulations on acquiring a great boat! :egrin:

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
I'm not the only 34T in So Cal???

I need interior cushions, too--maybe we could get a two-fer deal?

I'd be interested in seeing your boat--my interior was altered by a previous owner, and I would like to restore it to the original layout.

Welcome!

-mark

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
I don't know about cushions, but they built my replacement lifelines for 85% of what Defender wanted and 55% of WM's quote. They came in on time and done correctly.

Very easy to deal with. Again, lifelines, not cushions.

tenders

Innocent Bystander
JSI did my lifelines too. They've been around a long time, I remember their catalogs in the 80s, but I don't think they've been as successful with the internet paradigm as some like West and Defender. I think they started as a rigging shop and then diversified into hardware and software (cushions).

sayit8so

Inactive Member
:tink:Not anymore Mark I have one also I am in Shoreline Marina you can come and check her out I will have a new phone in a few days my signal was bad on my last phone so I am in the process to getting a 4 g by verizon. So leave me a number and we can hook this up.
I'm not the only 34T in So Cal???

I need interior cushions, too--maybe we could get a two-fer deal?

I'd be interested in seeing your boat--my interior was altered by a previous owner, and I would like to restore it to the original layout.

Welcome!

-mark

sayit8so

Inactive Member
Hi Jeff thanks for the reply I will look into the links you sent me thanks for the information
I am in Shoreline

I can recommend Pelican's Loft in San Pedro for canvas and cushions.

Pelican's Loft

307 E 22nd St

San Pedro, CA 90731

(310) 547-5489

or

Harbor Custom Canvas in Long Beach. (more expensive)

http://www.harborcustomcanvas.com

Defender Marine is a good mail order company for marine hardware.

http://www.defender.com

If your refrigerator is 12 volt it will be expensive to replace. If you just want a small 110 volt that you can hook up to shore power, you can just go to Target or Best Buy.

Again, congratulations on acquiring a great boat! :egrin:They need one with blonde braids! LOL:)