• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Almost there!

MarcusJtown

Member II
So it's been a long process, but we are finally about to close on our new boat. Financing was a bit tricky, banks seem to be mighty picky these days, but I can't say it's a bad thing. A brand new baby girl put things on hold for a bit, but surprisingly the new addition made my wife want the bigger, nicer boat more. It's a 1990 Olson 34. I asked a few questions on here earlier this winter, and I wanted to thank everyone for the quick responses and great tips. We had the survey last week, and she passed handily. Only a couple very minor issues, not much that I could use to get the price down unfortunatly. There are a few pictures of her under sail here: http://tinyurl.com/762ax5s

We hope to be in the water early in May, hope to see some of you out there.

Marcus

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Welcome to the (Ericson) Olson ranks!
Nice pictures. Wish we had an high tech mainsail like that!

Post up some boat pics in your personal album when you get time.

Oh, and welcome to your newest crew person, too. :)

Regards,
Loren

ps: I wonder if this is an older picture of your boat. I pulled it off the 'net years ago.

Attachments

• GranuelleL.jpg
    GranuelleL.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

MarcusJtown

Member II
yup, that's her in the early 90's. The laminate sails in those pics are a couple years old now, and probably at about 50%. She does have a new dacron UK main, with probably 10 hours on it, and a nice A-sail in a sock. I can't wait to get that thing out. I need to get some paint and wax on her in the next couple weeks. I'll take some more pics then.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Seeking a "boarding pass"

No special hurry, but when you get an opportunity could you post up some close ups of that nice looking boarding ladder? Measurements would be nice. How many steps below the water line when down?

Thanks much,
Loren

MarcusJtown

Member II
No problem at all, next time I'm at the boat. Is that not a stock part? The PO bought the boat new, so if he added it I'm sure he'll remember where he sourced it.

I think only one step goes below the waterline

Last edited:

MarcusJtown

Member II
We should be in the water before Memorial Day weekend! Here's the best pic I can get of that boarding ladder for now. She's kind of backed up against a garage until the yard comes to pick her up.

IMG_0542.jpg

Slick470

Member III
Except for the teak foot pads, it looks to be the same ladder they used on the O911s, so probably similar to a few other Ericsons. Looks like you could use a couple new rubber bumper things for the feet though.

MarcusJtown

Member II
Didn't quite make it for Memorial Day, the boatyards were all pretty backed up by the time we closed on the boat. She should be wet by next wednesday though. Mast is going up today, and we'll get the rig squared away this weekend. I put some pics up in my alblum if anyone is interested.

Marcus

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Didn't quite make it for Memorial Day, the boatyards were all pretty backed up by the time we closed on the boat. She should be wet by next wednesday though. Mast is going up today, and we'll get the rig squared away this weekend. I put some pics up in my alblum if anyone is interested.

Marcus

Thanks! Nice to view the photos.
I see that by 1990 they were putting insulation on the underside of the ice box lid! (I added some closed cell foam to ours.)
Cheers,
Loren