• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wireless Security Camera for Boat

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Anyone here know of a wireless video camera we can mount inside our boat (30 miles away) that will enable us to view from my pc at home or my iPad?The marina where the boat is has wifi so the camera would need to connect via their wireless router.Thanks

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Foscam makes an inexpensive outdoor wireless camera. It's a bit bulkier that I'd like to put on the mast. Picture quality is acceptable but not great. They also have a cheap PTZ camera, but it's not weatherproof. They come with some clunky software, but I'm trying to get them to work with security spy If you find the software you want to use, they probably have lists of compatible cameras.

I also came across an interesting blog where a guy built a cheap boat monitor from an arduino board. He had it rigged to send alarms and updates via twitter. After looking at the price trends of Raymarine's offerings, I'm suspecting that more and more boaters will be discovering arduino...

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Back to checking

I stopped aboard today to check on things at the boat before we leave for a trip out of the country. When I was below I noticed there was urine in the bowl of the head.

I personally cleaned the entire head including the floor and bowl and flushed with fresh water when we last used the boat the other day. I then set the dial to "dry" like I always do.

Our marina provides free pump out service at our slip which they did on Tuesday.

Either the suction from the waste pump system caused waste water to back up into the bowl from the holding tank or....?

Our head is a brand new Raritan PHii.

Now I want to get a camera to see who's been on board when we are not there. Only the office has a key. :mad:
Changing locks may be cheaper than buying an IP or game camera.

Last edited:

Fparry

Member II
I stopped aboard today to check on things at the boat before we leave for a trip out of the country. When I was below I noticed there was urine in the bowl of the head.

Typical Joker valve failure regardless of age. Do you keep your boat locked?