Flat Screen

Blue Chip

Member III
I swear someone recently was talking about replacing a TV on board with a flat screen. Mentioned was the size and brand. Darned if I can find that posting. Any ideas, or am i having '60s flashbacks again?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
TV's and more....

Mr. google barfed up this this site at the top of the search page:
http://www.12volt-travel.com/

Had not heard of them before, but then did not think to look, either!

Happy (low voltage) shopping.

:nerd:

Loren

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I swear someone recently was talking about replacing a TV on board with a flat screen. Mentioned was the size and brand. Darned if I can find that posting. Any ideas, or am i having '60s flashbacks again?

I replaced my 9" TV / VCR CTR Memorex AC/DC combo with a 7" Vizio AC/DC flat screen. Works great with my old UFO 12 volt amplified antenna that is mounted on one of my spreaders. Unfortunately I don't think they sell them any more. Possibly e-bay. I had to purchase the 12 volt lighter plug separately. Picks up all free digital tv channels, even at Catalina Island. Also accepts flash drives and works as a .jpg slide show viewer. Has connections for DVD player as well. Very small, but that's what I needed on my E-27.

It's hard to find reasonably priced 12 volt digital tv's of any quality. Good luck.

Attachments

• Vizio 7" TV.jpg
    Vizio 7" TV.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 411

PatTormey

Member I
Tuner for Laptop?

You might do better by adding a USB tuner to your laptop.. Most Laptops support 12V and you'll get the advantage of a computer.

Pat