• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Flat Screen

Blue Chip

Member III
I swear someone recently was talking about replacing a TV on board with a flat screen. Mentioned was the size and brand. Darned if I can find that posting. Any ideas, or am i having '60s flashbacks again?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
TV's and more....

Mr. google barfed up this this site at the top of the search page:
http://www.12volt-travel.com/

Had not heard of them before, but then did not think to look, either!

Happy (low voltage) shopping.

:nerd:

Loren

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I swear someone recently was talking about replacing a TV on board with a flat screen. Mentioned was the size and brand. Darned if I can find that posting. Any ideas, or am i having '60s flashbacks again?

I replaced my 9" TV / VCR CTR Memorex AC/DC combo with a 7" Vizio AC/DC flat screen. Works great with my old UFO 12 volt amplified antenna that is mounted on one of my spreaders. Unfortunately I don't think they sell them any more. Possibly e-bay. I had to purchase the 12 volt lighter plug separately. Picks up all free digital tv channels, even at Catalina Island. Also accepts flash drives and works as a .jpg slide show viewer. Has connections for DVD player as well. Very small, but that's what I needed on my E-27.

It's hard to find reasonably priced 12 volt digital tv's of any quality. Good luck.

Attachments

• Vizio 7" TV.jpg
    Vizio 7" TV.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 411

PatTormey

Member I
Tuner for Laptop?

You might do better by adding a USB tuner to your laptop.. Most Laptops support 12V and you'll get the advantage of a computer.

Pat