• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Vallejo 1-2

Warren taylor

Great meeting you two ( Greg and Chris) All have 32-2's and raced the Single Handed Society Vallejo single on day one and double handed day two. I got ideas from your boats I'll try to work in the budget. Chris -- Greg and I finished a half lenght apart. How did you do/

Matey

Member III
The Three 32's

Good meeting you too Warren ..

Pretty cool seeing three Ericson's almost 40 years old out mixing it up with the newer plastic. Think only the Wyliecat's and Express 27's had more than 2 One Design's :egrin:
That was fun at the club, visiting and duking it out some on Sunday, although that Black Soo pouncing on me at the finish pissed me off. I hope to make it down for the Throphy pres. the 26th for fun.

I'll send you some contact info as a seperate message if you want to keep in touch on future events

Regards, Greg

ChrisS

Member III
That was a fun race! (Even though you guys cleaned my clock on the way back...by 15 minutes!) Have you seen the photos on the SSS forum? There's a great one of you two at the finish:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/baskinsailing/sets/72157627845994627/with/6277590675/

I got 4th in my class both ways--man, those Yankee 30's sail well. I really got to figure out why my boat sails worse on starboard tack by about 5-8 degrees if I am going to be at all competitive against them.

Let's get out there again soon.

Best,
Chris

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Nice picture link

Those two Ericson's look overlapped at the finish. Cool!
I also like the photo of the Olson 34 (of course...) and the cat...

Best,
Loren

Matey

Member III
Those two Ericson's look overlapped at the finish. Cool!
I also like the photo of the Olson 34 (of course...) and the cat...

Best,
Loren

That's what two 1972 E32's thirty hull numbers apart racing 18 miles doublehanded finishing 4/100 of a sec. apart look like :egrin:

very fun stuff ..

IMG_2640.JPG

Greg

Matey

Member III
It's from the link you posted .. Larry from SSS ?

We should measure your rig and take a test sail to see what's up with your tacking angles. Maybe do a Sunday BYC Chowder race ?

I had planned on making the meeting, but had to bail and move a kid instead.

Regards, Greg

Matey

Member III
damn Yankees

It looks like that Yankee Mark II rates the same and is a nicely designed boat. Couple that with quality, really well trimmed sails (as pictured) and it's gonna be a fistfight.
Next season .. my Son & I will be gloved up for that bout
:egrin:
Regards, Greg

Attachments

• 6277562295_5af4f1b4cd_b.jpg
    6277562295_5af4f1b4cd_b.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 215

ChrisS

Member III
Greg, I'm always up for a sail, especially if you can help me troubleshoot. Let's try to get something on the calendar before the rains really set in.

Motoring home after the 1-2 race I moved around a halyard to see if my rig was off, but I couldn't find anything. As i said earlier, if I want to be competitive on any course with a long windward leg I'll have to figure it out.

You are right...those Yankees are indeed the boats to beat in our class in the SSS!

Friday we were out at our local brewpub, and a guy from the 1-2 race committee was there (I ID'ed him from the t-shirt). I'd like to get to those meetings, but mid-week is rough for me. Maybe actually getting the t-shirt is the motivator.

Matey

Member III
Greg, I'm always up for a sail, especially if you can help me troubleshoot. Let's try to get something on the calendar before the rains really set in.

Motoring home after the 1-2 race I moved around a halyard to see if my rig was off, but I couldn't find anything. As i said earlier, if I want to be competitive on any course with a long windward leg I'll have to figure it out.

You are right...those Yankees are indeed the boats to beat in our class in the SSS!

Friday we were out at our local brewpub, and a guy from the 1-2 race committee was there (I ID'ed him from the t-shirt). I'd like to get to those meetings, but mid-week is rough for me. Maybe actually getting the t-shirt is the motivator.
Chris,

Well we're not going to beat the rain, but I'm willing to look at things with you. I've never looked really close at my angles but have the perfect chance with my new jib once I get the track down. Weekend's are your only option I'd suppose ? I work parts of 3 of them a month so it's tough some months.
I'd planned an making the meeting too, but could'nt swing it. My boat neighbor was kind enough to pick up my shirts though :nerd: they give out nice ones ..

Regards, Greg

V.jpg