• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Can anyone recommend a good Marine Diesel mechanic in the San Pedro / LA harbor area?

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Can anyone recommend a good Marine Diesel mechanic in the San Pedro / LA harbor area? My Guy's out sick.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Thank you so much.

Thank you so much. Hope he can help with my little Yanmar, and the replacement of my fuel tank, which I was able to get out over the weekend. Just need to build a new mount for it and plumb it up.

Sam Vickery

Member III
Diesel Mechanic

Jeff,

If you are having no luck with a mechanic in the San Pedro area, I use a wonderful guy from Newport Beach. His name is Leonard Grech (714) 931-4041. I know it is a bit of a distance, but if he happens to be the area doing other work, it might work out. He is honest, good, fast and fair. I have no business interest here, just a very pleased consumer.

Good luck with the project.

Sam
86' 32-3

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Thanks for the recommendations Mike & Sam!

Thanks for the recommendations Mike & Sam, although I do like my current mechanic, I have been a bit frustrated with his reliability. He was supposed to meet me last Sat. but call me the day before to tell me he was sick. I guess I am back on track to meet him again this week, but in the mean time I saved quite a bit of money removing my fuel tank by myself. Other than my fuel tank woes, I have a new oil leak on my little Yanmar 1GM10, but I am not going to deal with that until my new tank is in place and plumbed in.

Here's the recent thread on my fuel tank woes. I am trying to document this with photos, so other's will have an idea what to do if they have to replace a 38 year old tank on a E-27.

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?10330-Fuel-Polishing-ASAP/page6