• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Impromptu Mini Viking Gathering

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
A Impromptu Mini Viking Gathering at Two Harbors in September.
It was wonderful to spend a little time with Marilyn of Dawn Treader and Sven & Nancy of Senta II. We were able to get together at the Harbor Reef for dinner.
I actually got to take the helm of Dawn Treader briefly as I assisted Marilyn in taking her over to he fuel dock. Man that is a stout heavy boat. Almost weighs twice as much as my E-27, The Pride Of Cucamonga.

Here's a video clip of Dawn Treader's Bottom after I cleared the kelp from the prop:

http://youtu.be/YVZfOhCxv1Q

Here's a clip taken with my new underwater camera:

http://youtu.be/mQFSlru9dXQ

Some pics including "Wilson" the Buffalo just before he invaded Downtown Two Harbors.

Attachments

• Wilson.jpg
    Wilson.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Sven & Nancy.jpg
    Sven & Nancy.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Dawn Treader.jpg
    Dawn Treader.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Pride Of Cucamonga.jpg
    Pride Of Cucamonga.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Marilyn Jeff.jpg
    Marilyn Jeff.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 40

Glyn Judson

Isthmus be the place.

Jeff, Thanks for cutting away the kelp from the prop on our boat for Marilyn, she also sends her appreciation. Additional thanks are due for assisting her with getting the boat to the fuel dock, etc. She is planning to sail home on Thursday, spend a few weeks on the mainland and then the two of us will head over again. Time permitting, I'll stay there too as long as I can. Cheers and thanks again, Glyn

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hi Glyn, your Gal there is a heck of a Skipper. I really enjoyed getting more acquainted with her, and Frank! The kelp on the prop was really not bad. Probably would have flown off once in gear. God I love you Dawn Treader!

Sevn & Nancy, Eddie had a Blue Whale and her Calf, first cross his path, then follow him, then it made it difficult for him to get inside the Angels Gate. He said the Calf was longer than is little 22' boat. My crossing was pretty uneventful, aside from the typical dolphin sightings.

Sven, Eddie tells me that you were unaware that I was casting off on Friday. I could not hear what Nancy was saying when She was on the fuel dock as I was leaving. I hope you did not think I was being rude. Wish I could have stayed for another week. :(

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's back to work I go. :(

-Jeff