• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

looking to buy

t11061

Hi guys and gals, I am looking to buy a e35 or similar in Ventura or Channel Islands.
I looked at an E35-2 On Sat in Ventura but I think it needs too much work,
Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Dave

Last edited:

ligolaiva38

Member II
Look for Ericson 38's because they are very good and comfortable sail boats. You would like them best and sail great in Channel Islands etc.
Good luck,
John
Laiva 1984 Ericson 381

Leander

Member II
Are you watching yachtworld.com?

Hi Dave,

Just stumbled across this thread and maybe you have already found a boat by now. I purchased a 35-2 in May 2011. I have started a small blog on this site about my experience that might be helpful to you. I was probably following the one you declined, because I was looking at the very bottom end of the market.

From where I sit in San Diego, and with my very small amount of experience, I think you are going to have a tough time finding much to look at unless you expand your search to at least LA and maybe every place south of you to the Mexican border. I essentially kept an eye on everything on the west coast, and planned little weekend excursions where I could look at 5 boats on a Saturday with or without the broker. I was able to make several "NO" decisions just by walking up to the boat. Although I was watching several boats in the Channel Islands area, I never had to go that far because I found enough to look at closer to home.

I found Yachtworld.com to be the easiest website to work with because it has plenty of inventory, plenty of traffic, and the best advanced search engine. I kept checking out other sites, but either search engine painful or inventory very meager and oudated.

Good luck if you're not already there!

By the way, I'm happy with the 35 size because I think I will be able to single-hand it pretty easily (although my marina neighbors would beg to differ so far) Haven't really gotten to know the 38, so may be true for that also.

Leander

Last edited: