• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New boating web site, kinda like Craigslist.

Chris Hugh

Thank you Jeff..............

I came across your post while doing a web search and thought I would respond. We just launched the boatinglist website last month and people are starting to list their gear, so it's early in the game. Many of the people who first listed their items sail out of King Harbor, so most of the listings are from Redondo Beach at this stage. We created the site to give boaters a place to exchange information and make connections, whether it's selling boats/gear, or finding out about events, etc. I've sailed for the past 35 years and kept hearing people talk about things they couldn't easily find on existing websites. I sail on a friend's Ericson 36 occasionally, so I find this website interesting. If you think of a useful function that you don't find on the boatinglist website, please let me know.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hi Chris,

You are welcome. As long as your site is a non commercial organization and this Amazing Ericson site does not get solicited by commercial organizations, I thought it would be okay with our Web Master and Moderator's to post this here. I got your nice little flyer on the windshield of my truck a Cabrillo Marina in Pedro.

I did see some items I am interested in and I have some of my own I intend to post, but not until I get back from Catalina next week. :egrin:

Good Luck with your site. I think it's a great idea.

Jeff

Chris Hugh

Sounds good Jeff... I'm glad that you found some things of interest on the site. If you have any questions when you post after your Catalina trip, you can reach me via the Feedback button on the home page.

Have a great trip to Catalina. I sailed over last weekend and side-tied next to a friend's Cal 40.... had a really fun weekend. It wasn't too crowded at the Isthmus and I hope you have the same luck.

Thanks for the good wishes on the site.

Cheers, Chris

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
Inquiring Minds want to Know!

I sailed over last weekend and side-tied next to a friend's Cal 40....

OK, having just returned from my first trip to the Isthmus 2 weeks ago, you got me curious about "side-tied". I assume the Cal 40 was moored. Is that something that is allowed? Seems like the Harbor Master would frown on that, wanting to collect all the revenue they can. I am a newbie, so just wondering.:confused:

Chris Hugh

Side-Tided at the Isthmus.........

The harbor patrol doesn't seem to frown on side-tying, it's just a question of whether they charge you for the additional vessel. We didn't get charged for either of the 2 nights we were side-tied last weekend.... the Cal 40 paid for the mooring and we were never charged on the 1D35... we just bought beer for our Cal 40 friends, but it all depends on the weekend and who is on duty.

We were in Cherry Cove and it was about 2/3 full. Theoretically they can charge you for any boat that's over about 15' that's tied to your boat... I've even heard of boats with large tenders being charged for the tender, but my experience is that they don't tend to do this. Just make sure your masts are well separated if you side-tie, otherwise it gets interesting when a big boat wake comes through!

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Yup, it's okay to side tie. You still have to pay the full price as if you had your own mooring. Some boats just want to be real social.