• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Who's E-35 did I see in Hurricane Gulch?

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Who's E-35 did I see in Hurricane Gulch around 1pm on Memorial Day? We talked briefly but I could not hear his response when I asked who he was.
:egrin:

Attachments

• E35.jpg
    E35.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 167

Sven

Seglare
You were out there at 1 ?

We came back into the slip at about 1:30, doused the main 1-2 miles out since it was just getting beaten up in the swells with no wind, of course the wind picked up shortly after that :egrin:

One heck of a response to the sinking 55-footer ! 1 helicopter, 3-4 CG boats, 2 lifeguard boats, 2-3 fire boats and a half dozen spectator boats.

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Those two fire boats about swamped me with their wakes, both coming and going. Yeah, I could get a good reach going east or west but coming back in heading north was not a fun sail. :esad:

Lou

"Venteux"

That Jeff's 1972 boat, I sold him "Venteux" over a year ago. Now that you posted this fine photo maybe we can get him to join. She lives by the Cabrillo.
More photos by me in album section.
regards
Lou
Boatless in Avalon

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
If you have to be boatless, Avalon is a great place to be!

Well Thanks for the ID Lou. If you have to be boatless, Avalon is a great place to be. :esad:

I yelled out the name of my boat, "Pride of Cucamonga" and the Skipper seemed to know that name. We we're both in the process of dropping our sails. Once I got my sail's down I tried to chase him down under power to chat, but with my little 8 hp Yanmar I couldn't catch him. I guess I could of, but I don't like to motor over 2800 rpm's.

Beautiful boat!