standing rigging on a 38

Shadowdancer

I am a new owner and a new subscriber to this site which i greatly appreciate, I will be replacing my standing rigging and I have the rigging specifications. however, I am not close to the boat and was wondering if anyone has a diagram on the rigging. One that clearly shows the uppers, intermediates, lowers. I can't seem to get my head around the whole layout. Does the uppers go from deck to the top of the mast or do they stop at one of the spreaders ? the are 49'10'' so i can't see them going tot he top. any help will be appreciated. some type of diagram would be great
thanks
Rock

e38 owner

Member III
standing rigging

The rigging shop will ask you to measure it in any case. That is what we did when we did mine
I can look it up if you like there is a company in California who did the rigging for Ericson he was great for the replacement. He also did the lifelines. Depending on the year of the boat you may need to change from the Navtec turnbuckles they are no longer made and you need to have the proper fitting on the bottom of the turnbuckle.
The specs are in the doc center. However PLEASE MEASURE http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/vbdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=41 The Forestay on my boat is very close to 50 feet. There were two rigs offered a shorter rig on the 381. 49'10 would got to the top of the mast, All the rigging in continuous. (does not join at the spreaders) All rigging goes to the deck not the cabin house. Uppers go from a little below the top through both spreaders to the deck. Intermediate go from below upper spreader to deck, Lowers go from below lower spreader to the deck.

Last edited:

mkollerjr

Member III
Blogs Author
Have a rigger look at it. My rigging on a 1990 E38 was a bit different than the sketch in the link above.