Source for replacement of interior plastic trim for original port lights on '87 38-200

c.gustafson

Member II
Hello, Mates. I'd like to replace the interior plastic trim pieces for the port lights on my '87 Ericson 38-200. What is a good source for obtaining the trim pieces? Many thanks for your assistance!

Craig

c.gustafson

Member II
Yes, Lewmar "Old Standard" portlights. My impression -- and maybe I'm wrong -- is that Lewmar does not sell the plastic trim for the "Old Standard" portlights.

c.gustafson

Member II
I checked with Select Plastics out of Norwalk Connecticut and was advised that they do not have the trim pieces for the Old Standard port lights --- and they were not aware of any source for these products (other than keeping an eye out on Ebay).

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Bummer. I guessed that the inside plastic trim pieces were the main reason I was able to get a few bucks out of the original Lewmar's that I replaced... !

I like the 3D printer idea, tho.
FWIW, our new Lewmar "Atlantic" series ports do not use or need inside trims. Different design.

driftless

Member III
Blogs Author
I may be willing to give you mine, or at least 4 of them. I think I'm going to leave them off the ports in the saloon. I kind of like the bare metal look as it fits with the esthetic of the fixed ports.
It's only a might because I have to check with the admiral first. I think she liked them better with the trim on. I definitely still want my trim for the 3 ports into the cockpit from the aft cabin - those are on the vinyl and don't look nice bare. Don't remember what things look like in the v-berth and head.

They're in OK shape, yellowed as one would expect after 33 years. Have been stuck on with adhesive velcro tabs.
If 4 of them is of interest to you I'll risk asking ;)