Signing off

Gregoryulrich

Member III
The last six months have been intense for me. In that time I've gotten a 50 ton master license, sold Patriot, moved across the country, gotten married (!), bought another boat, and started work as a professional mariner full time. The new boat, an Endeavor 32 I purchased from the Chapman School of Seamanship, is keeping me busy with some of the same issues I had on Patriot. The difference this time is that I'm better equipped after the excellent guidance I received from many of you on this forum.

I want to thank everyone who has participated in the forum over the last few years for all the great information and the lively exchanges that ensued. I spent many late nights going down the rabbit hole of topics and feel richer for it.

Cole and I are in Stuart, FL now and I'm working with Tow Boat U.S. here. If you're ever in the area look me up. Although I won't be active on the forum I can still be reached through it. I've recommended that the new owner of Patriot, a long time friend of mine and novice sailor, join up so you may be hearing from him.

Fair Winds,
Greg Ulrich

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
The last six months have been intense for me. In that time I've gotten a 50 ton master license, sold Patriot, moved across the country, gotten married (!), bought another boat, and started work as a professional mariner full time. The new boat, an Endeavor 32 I purchased from the Chapman School of Seamanship, is keeping me busy with some of the same issues I had on Patriot. The difference this time is that I'm better equipped after the excellent guidance I received from many of you on this forum.

I want to thank everyone who has participated in the forum over the last few years for all the great information and the lively exchanges that ensued. I spent many late nights going down the rabbit hole of topics and feel richer for it.

Cole and I are in Stuart, FL now and I'm working with Tow Boat U.S. here. If you're ever in the area look me up. Although I won't be active on the forum I can still be reached through it. I've recommended that the new owner of Patriot, a long time friend of mine and novice sailor, join up so you may be hearing from him.

Fair Winds,
Greg Ulrich

Well I am not surprised to hear that Greg because we had some one on one communications about your plans on FB. It was a pleasure to meet you and Cole over at Catalina Island that one time. I hope you pop in over at the E-27 owners FB page from time to time, we will miss you there. We had some good exchanges of information and experiences over there as well. I as well see moving to a larger boat in the near future and plan to live aboard. Who knows maybe I'll find that boat in Florida. Congratulations on your 50 ton master license! Also your Endeavor 32'! Looks like a great shallow draft boat. Perfect for the part of the world you'll be sailing in. Will you be living aboard and doing any cruising?

I gotta tell you, no matter where I end up or boat I get, I will never stop looking at this forum with all of the combined knowledge and experiences that are shared here and I hope you continue to check in here from time to time.

Beam Winds!

Gregoryulrich

Member III
Thank you!

Thank you Tom, I'll definitely be lurking on the forums from time to time because I'm sure I'll have some cross-over questions.

I'm sorry we didn't meet up more often Jeff. Good luck on the new boat purchase. I'm sure it will be beautiful. It's nice having something a little larger though everything is just a little more effort, money, etc. It's worth it though.

Congratulations on the new boat Christian. I watched a couple of your videos on the purchase and the brilliant one about the umbrella set up!

Mort Fligelman

Member III
South of Stuart

Greg: If you find yourself going to points south in Florida and they reach Boca Raton let me know....always happy to meet anyone to do with sailing, and particularly Ericsons........we are here early October to mid May.

Best of luck in your new undertakings......

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Greg,
Good luck over here in Florida. I sail down that way at least once per year and may just hail you on 16 (although I hope not to need a tow). Having gone through the CG Masters with towing I often thought about where one would use that endorsement, of course, Tow Boat US.
Fair winds and enjoy your new boat!
Rick

Gregoryulrich

Member III
Thank you for the invitation Mort. We will do a trip down to Biscayne Bay this year and if the timing works out and we stop over in Boca I will send you a message.

Greg,
Good luck over here in Florida. I sail down that way at least once per year and may just hail you on 16 (although I hope not to need a tow). Having gone through the CG Masters with towing I often thought about where one would use that endorsement, of course, Tow Boat US.
Fair winds and enjoy your new boat!
Rick

Rick I thought I was a pretty good boater before I started training with Tow Boat U.S. The CG Master class I took for towing didn't even cover the basics but luckily everyone here has been actively mentoring me. Give me a shout on 16 if you get down here. We also work on 7.