Ron Holland at large

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
I recently found in the e-books collection at my local library Blue Water, Green Skipper by Stuart Woods, an author who has churned out over 75 novels in his airplane-book career. The book I was read was a non-fiction account of Woods's learning to sail in Ireland and then participating in an OSTAR single-handed race from England to Barbados. Woods raced in a boat designed by a then-young kiwi nautical architect named Ron Holland. Some glimpses of the boat designer as a young man.

After a bit of googling I learned that Holland has continued with his successful career, including of late the design of absurdly large and expensive yachts.

Here is a talk he gave at the St. Francis Yacht Club in San Francisco.

Lots more here:

K2MSmith

Sustaining Member
I’ve heard from a reliable source he is in the Bay Area now and then . Since I’m convinced there are only 5-6 33RH’s left , I was going to try to “groupie” my way into meeting him somehow :)

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
I’ve heard from a reliable source he is in the Bay Area now and then . Since I’m convinced there are only 5-6 33RH’s left , I was going to try to “groupie” my way into meeting him somehow :)
Flattery will get you many places...