Poor guy's jib being shredded at Two Harbors

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
Just got back in yesterday from Two Harbors (Catalina Island) ahead of the gale that blew through later that evening. I was just checking the web cam to see what the conditions looked like in the cove and notice a poor guy with a partially shredded jib up on deck trying to deal with it.

Here's a link on the web cam. The time is now 12:15pm PST on Sunday. Depending on when you look at this link you might be able to see the "fun." Hope he gets it sorted out soon.

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
12:20 pm
Looks like there is a harbor patrol boat standing by--though it's not apparent just what they are doing or can do for him.

Edit: On second thought, it may just be a patrol boat sitting on the mooring next to him.

Last edited:

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
I was in Newport on Saturday afternoon, it was a sporty day! Saw a number of boats poke their bows the end of the channel and decide to turn around and say in the bay...

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
I was in Newport on Saturday afternoon, it was a sporty day! Saw a number of boats poke their bows the end of the channel and decide to turn around and say in the bay...
Yup. "Sporty" is right. I left Two Harbors early and came into the Los Angeles Light about 11 am. The seas at the gate were very confused and like a washing machine. (I'm sure the shallower depths played into that.) I was glad to get into the dock before it got even worse.