Photos from Summer JAM Races (Erie, PA)

sf1332

Member II
Hello, Wanted to share photos from weekly summer JAM races at the Erie Yacht Club (EYC). (This summer was my 1st season owning E33RH "Karma", and also my 1st season racing as a skipper. It was a great experience overall.) I noticed that there are not many E33RH photos under sail, thus thought you might enjoy seeing these. Would appreciate any comments on sail, sail trim, rigging, etc. (Photo credits: Cindy Madura of EYC.)

Attachments

• 1. Karma with Sunlight.jpg
    1. Karma with Sunlight.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 2. Karma rounding R14.jpg
    2. Karma rounding R14.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 3. Karma heading home.jpg
    3. Karma heading home.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 4. Karma close up Crew 3.jpg
    4. Karma close up Crew 3.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 5. Karma Stbd side.jpg
    5. Karma Stbd side.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 6. Karma with other boats.jpg
    6. Karma with other boats.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 59

woolamaloo

Member III
Seung,

The boat looks great. She cleaned up nice since we moved her last year. What did you do with those adjustable stays?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Looks like you had caught a puff for photo 4, and were well "powered up"...!
I betcha you have picked up some compliments from others in the fleet.
:egrin:

sf1332

Member II
Seung,

The boat looks great. She cleaned up nice since we moved her last year. What did you do with those adjustable stays?
Hi Jim, took off the running back stays at the beginning of the season when I had to re thread my main halyard. They were attached to the mast using a knob style ends thus was a simple twisting and lifting out, no tools needed. Have sailed in various conditions including 30kt double reefed, and have not noticed any issues but will monitor carefully.

sf1332

Member II
Looks like you had caught a puff for photo 4, and were well "powered up"...!
I betcha you have picked up some compliments from others in the fleet.
:egrin:
Yes we’ve caught many puffs and learning to use traveller (and mainsheet) to adjust sail trim. My crew already asking to change my traveler set up. My fellow sailors in Erie have been very supportive to a newbie like me.

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Looking good! (Never hurts to be in a shot with Dreamer, either.)

I’m an EYC Junior Sailing alum and was an instructor from 1986-1990, and again in 1995. That was before the Big Endowment was made to the sailing program, but I did have the privilege of being taught how to use a hacksaw by the OG Nat Reyburn. He was a delightful individual, as was his wife Myra.

sf1332

Member II
When do you pull her for the season?
Hi Kevin, thanks for your compliments. Currently, the haul-out is scheduled for 10/10, but not sure it's possible as I am having little issues with the cradle jacks. Will see. Feel to do DM me as we need to meet up!

sf1332

Member II
Looking good! (Never hurts to be in a shot with Dreamer, either.)

I’m an EYC Junior Sailing alum and was an instructor from 1986-1990, and again in 1995. That was before the Big Endowment was made to the sailing program, but I did have the privilege of being taught how to use a hacksaw by the OG Nat Reyburn. He was a delightful individual, as was his wife Myra.
Glad to hear there's someone else who's Erie & EYC-connected! I believe the Reyburn Sailing School is top notch. Don't believe the School is trying to produce next Olympic sailors (thus less pressure), but trying to instill love of sailing as a life long sport and hobby. My sons are attending the sailing program, and they love it. Thanks for contacting!