Bhowell77

Hi fellow Ericson (w/o a k) owners forum. We (Anne and I) signed papers on Tuesday 3/19 for our first sailboat, Molly Brown, an E28-2 1986 in the SF Bay Area. We will sail her to her new home at the Antioch Marina on 4/1. I grew up in Illinois with a sailing obsessed father, so started early. He started out with a Catalina 22 then moved to an old 38’ steel hull Dutch ketch, both of which we sailed in Lake Michigan and Green Bay waters. Living since 1982 in the SF Bay Area, I got the itch…Joined OCSC in Berkeley and gained my US Sailing BK and BC certifications. As We were working and raising kids I was not getting out enough to justify the membership and dropped out. We retired in 2018 and I joined Club Nautique in Alameda. Re certified to BC and enjoyed sailing their modern Beneteau and Jeanneau yachts up to 35’. SF Bay proved too chilly for my wife and I was not interested in sailing with strangers so left the club a year ago. The itch doesn’t stop….Saw “Molly” on Craigslist and she caught my eye. Looked into Marinas upstream and decided to visit Antioch Marina At the confluence of the Sacramento and San Joaquin rivers running into the SF bay. Marina exits into 65’ of water!! Cement docks, restaurant over looking the river 20 steps from the dock.
Antioch, here we come.
I am new to boat ownership so look forward to tapping your wisdom when needed. The previous owner sent me a pdf of Molly’s E28-2 owners manual and it’s AMAZING!!!! I am so excited to get to know this classic boat and share time on her in the Bay Area delta waters with my wife ( and dog Cassidy GSD). Look forward to “meeting you” online. -Brad

Attachments

• IMG_0410.jpeg
    IMG_0410.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0411.jpeg
    IMG_0411.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0407.jpeg
    IMG_0407.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8220.jpeg
    IMG_8220.jpeg