Mobile Alabama Ericson 27 users

Harry Fischer

I’m a new Ericson 27user in Mobile at Turner marina looking for other Ericson owners in the area. Especially a 27.

Attachments

• F1EF196E-9A35-4CE2-BA60-7BF4418DCA0C.jpeg
    F1EF196E-9A35-4CE2-BA60-7BF4418DCA0C.jpeg
    311.2 KB · Views: 7

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Harry,
Welcome to the site. Do you have questions about your E27?

Harry Fischer

Hi Mark, sorry about the delay. For some reason my iPad wouldn’t let me type in the reply box. It seems ok now.

I bought my 1971 E27 at Orange Beach a few weeks ago. I am going to move it up to Demopolis from Turner Marine in Mobile to do my yard work. I know it is a project boat before I bought it. This is my third project boat. My last one was an Islander 32 but I lost her in hurricane Ian last fall.

I am going to restore this boat As best I can. I need to find out first a recommendation for a transport company around Mobile to truck it up to Demopolis sometime around May to the haul out yard at Kingfisher Bay.

I don’t want to drive it up. Ibe done the trip a couple of times and I’ve had open heart surgery in Jan. The 15 hp 4 stroke isn’t running and I haven’t been able to find anyone to work on it yet on the boat. The Honda mech will not work on it unless I take it off the boat. So trucking it is.

I also have a 8’ walker bay dinghy and oars plus a few other things from my islander. Is there a place on here that I can post things for sale and I can look for things to buy or trade?

I’m also looking for any people in Mobile bay that have a 27 that I can look at the interior and how they have done things. I am 76, retired so I have plenty of time for this project and I live on board.
My name is Harry Fischer and I’m docked at Turner Marine at Dog river. I can be reached directly at ericson27@duck.com

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Harry,
Good luck on the move and keep us up to date on the project!