Machine shop in NY

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Can anyone recommend a machine shop in central NY? Somewhere on the Hudson or canal would be preferable since boat hardware would be a standard part of its business.

I need new chainplates and cockpit rails.

Thanks.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Where the heck have you been for the last 12 and a half years, flyboy? Lost on the canal? Are you an admiral now? Welcome back. Your boat looks like hell. You can’t just wander in here again without some kind of explanation for all this.

Welders willing to deal with rails are very hard to find. My bow pulpit got mangled when an ice truck hit it while on the hard this spring, and I’m still nagging the boatyard to find the guy they promised they knew who could fix it.

Chainplates are very routine work.

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
It is good to know that somebody still remembers me and at least some of the old community remains.

I did not make admiral, instead having to be medevaced out of a desert. Such is the disability process that a tent became my home for more than a decade until the VA ran out of options for delaying and denying any longer. That is over with now (i am in the process of buying a new house to replace the one that got repossessed), but needless to say Freyja is not in a good state after being left outside for years with snow blowing through.

I am still looking for some of the most regular contributors here back in the day, I hope they chime in sooner or later.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Sounds like there's a book and a movie in the offing! Oh my.

(I always intuitively understood I was very lucky in my duty assignment when on active duty in the late 60's.... now I realize just how lucky. :( )

Take care.

Last edited:

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
It is good to know that somebody still remembers me and at least some of the old community remains.

I am still looking for some of the most regular contributors here back in the day, I hope they chime in sooner or later.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972
Ha! When you posted a couple of days ago I checked to see when you last posted. Glad things are improving for you! You were one of the early EYO members with a 2001 join date!

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Good to 'see' all of your again. Hopefully a few more of the twenty year veterans of this site still come here from time to time.