Looking for plan and elevation for later model 38-200

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
Does anyone have a plan and elevation for the later model 38-200 with the straight "L" galley and the engine under the companionway? I have this one from the owner's manual but I haven't been able to find one of the aft engine layouts anywhere. Does anyone know if one even exists? I found a deck plan in the "performance package" document, but it didn't have an interior plan. Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

Attachments

• e38-200 plan and elevation.pdf
    114.4 KB · Views: 23

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Does anyone have a plan and elevation for the later model 38-200 with the straight "L" galley and the engine under the companionway? I have this one from the owner's manual but I haven't been able to find one of the aft engine layouts anywhere. Does anyone know if one even exists? I found a deck plan in the "performance package" document, but it didn't have an interior plan. Thanks in advance if anyone can help!
See the Resources section of the website. There is an E38 Sales Brochure that has what you are looking for. Download from here:

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
Thanks @footrope but while it’s listed as the 38-200 sales brochure it’s actually the same one as the 38 and has the 38’s plan and elevation, not the one for the later model 38-200.

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Sorry about that southofvictor. The brochure isn't even for a -200. I was focused on the engine under the companionway feature.

sdwnav

I have a color PSC brochure. Is this what you are looking for? I can take it to work next week where I have a better scanner.

Attachments

• WIN_20240104_21_47_06_Scan.jpg
    WIN_20240104_21_47_06_Scan.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 38

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
Yes that looks like the one @sdwnav, thanks! Does the brochure have an elevation too? Either way I’d love a copy of what you have. Thank you!

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Odd. I thought PSC called it the 380. Brochure says "38"

Around here, "Ericson 38" means early 80s boats, with split settee and enclosed qberth. Then "Ericson 381", about '84-'87, with open interior plan, then "Ericson 38-200," moving head aft and galley to port and pushing cabin house forward to create "owner's cabin", formerly quarterberth.

Hard to sort out. If we don't already this brochure in E38 "resources", please alert Sean and he'll add it.

sdwnav

The brochure doesn't have an elevation, just the two plan views, marketing text, and some other photos.

I dunno why it's called "38" in the brochure. I agree that it seems like every other source seems to refer to the PSC built version as a "380".

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
If we don't already this brochure in E38 "resources", please alert Sean and he'll add it.
It’s definitely an interesting brochure to find from PSC. It looks true to the 38-200 cabin and deck layouts but has some options that we don’t have ie optional swim step transom which I’ve only seen on the 381. I wonder if it was made right when they acquired the molds so they had some collateral out there at shows while deciding how to move forward.

I don’t think it’s in resources @Sean Engle , this is the first time I’ve seen it and I’ve gone through resources quite a bit.

Thanks again @sdwnav !

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Sorry - just seeing this (have been out trying to clear out our driveway of lots and lots and lots of snow...). @sdwnav , can you get us a better quality scan of this document (150dpi, color would be fine) or is that not possible? Otherwise, I can take what you have and drop it into the archive....

//sse

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Ok - not problem, just let me know. I'll be out of town starting mid week, but will be in touch, etc.

//sse

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
Thanks for the high res copies Steve, these are great! Interesting that both the plans and the photos look almost identical to our 38-200. I didn’t realize PSC made any of this version of the 38.

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
If anyone wants some simple line drawings of the 38-200 for planning, safety, etc here’s a quick sketch I made. Thanks again for the PDF Steve it was really helpful!

Attachments

• E38-200 Layout.pdf
    112.2 KB · Views: 17

Tooluser

Flǎneur
Around here, "Ericson 38" means early 80s boats, with split settee and enclosed qberth. Then "Ericson 381", about '84-'87, with open interior plan, then "Ericson 38-200," moving head aft and galley to port and pushing cabin house forward to create "owner's cabin", formerly quarterberth.

How firm and well-known are these distinctions? My 1985 38 has the enclosed qberth and split settee. I'll admit to having been confused about what boat to say I have!

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
You have an Ericson 38.:) So do I. :)

I'd say if the HIN says 1985, it's a 381--with the option of an enclosed qberth and split seat.

But yeah, confusing.