Ericsons = Beauty

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Our boat was hauled this morning for a bottom job and while standing there waiting for it to be put in the travel lift, it struck me how beautiful the Ericsons are.

i was standing above on the sea wall looking at the back of the boat with no Bimini or dodger obstructing her lines. The dock was full of high dollar Beneteaus, Catalina's and Hunters but none of the had the absolute beauty of my 32-200.

I know I'm preaching to choir here but, hey, at least I'm not commenting on the nice behind of another man's woman!
:rolleyes:

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Oh yeah!

image.jpg
Nice lines those Ericsons!

At least that's what I think the Travellift operator was saying.."

Last edited:

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Yeah, that's a flattering view of the late 32, quite unique in the subtlety of proportions. In fact, that's the view that first drew me to this model.

When was your mast painted white? Kenyon black was a poor choice in my opinion, difficult to keep up as it ages.

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
When was your mast painted white? Kenyon black was a poor choice in my opinion, difficult to keep up as it ages.

Not sure Christian, it was white when we purchased her.

Funny, I've been admiring the black. Ours is in need of a fresh coat of paint. There are marks along the mast from the old rope/cable halyard.

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
Not sure Christian, it was white when we purchased her.

Funny, I've been admiring the black. Ours is in need of a fresh coat of paint. There are marks along the mast from the old rope/cable halyard.

I just had the mast on my E26-2 LP'd. It was originally black but I decided to go with white, mostly because it holds up better.

gulfcoaster

Member III
White or Black

Ericsons in the 1980's were equipped with either white or black masts. I don't know of any unpainted masts unless they were replacements.

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Rick

Nice looking boat, but it is an Ericson so Nice looking and Ericson are a little redundant. I hope to tag up with you my next trip to Pensacola.