Ericson 32-200 on ebay

klb67pgh

Member III
For the heck of it, I decided to share this listing - not mine - I'm very interested to see if it meets reserve and what that number is for this boat given its condition. Looks like it had water in the salon, but at least the cabin sole is already removed for replacement. Looks like it was and could be again a nice boat. Definitely need to address the leaking portlights.

Ebay Ericson

Pete the Cat

Member III
Looks like it was more than leaky ports. Water settled on the floor for some time and the height of it would likely have taken out the pan in the engine (I have the same boat and my floor was apparently underwater for some period before I got it, just a bit lower and a shorter period and I was able to save it). I would say this boat was entirely sunk at one point--maybe briefly--though it looks like someone did try to start the engine with some new batteries. Forensic boat assessment needed.

klb67pgh

Member III
Looks like it was more than leaky ports. Water settled on the floor for some time and the height of it would likely have taken out the pan in the engine (I have the same boat and my floor was apparently underwater for some period before I got it, just a bit lower and a shorter period and I was able to save it). I would say this boat was entirely sunk at one point--maybe briefly--though it looks like someone did try to start the engine with some new batteries. Forensic boat assessment needed.
Definitely more than leaky ports. A lot would depend on whether it somehow filled to that level while on the hard, or if it was in a marina. Good to know about the oil pan - I wondered how that water level would translate to the engine compartment.