E32-200 Standard Blocks

mjn

Member I
Our Blocks are failing now so it's time to replace them.
Current one is for the headsail halyard at the foot of the mast. Our Halyard is a wire type.

Is there a list of specs for each block somewhere?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Your boat model would indicate a mid-80's boat. Our '88 model was equipped with all axle-type Lewmar type one blocks at the foot of the spar.
Some years ago I replaced them all with ball bearing blocks from Garhauer. Excellent quality and less friction in making that 90 degree turn aft.
http://garhauermarine.com

I also replaced all of the old wire-to-rope halyards once we discovered a meat hook in one of them. Our sail area might be a bit larger than your, but we found that 5/16 T-900 ultra low stretch line works great and holds well in our original clutches and in the ST halyard winches on the house top.

Some pix of our blocks in this blog entry:
http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/entry.php?181-Mast-Gaiter-and-SS-hold-down-Tang

Regards,
Loren

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Our Blocks are failing now so it's time to replace them.
Current one is for the headsail halyard at the foot of the mast. Our Halyard is a wire type.

Is there a list of specs for each block somewhere?

I replaced all of my blocks with Garhauer. Everything at the base of the mast, the stanchion blocks for the furler as well as the jib sheet and spinnaker blocks.
You want their series 30 blocks.

Rick

Last edited:

mjn

Member I
I replaced all of my blocks with Garhauer. Everything at the base of the mast, the stanchion blocks for the furler as well as the jib sheet and spinnaker blocks.
You want their series 30 blocks.

Rick

Are the sheaves in these blocks aluminum? I don't seem to be able to find this information on the web site.

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Are the sheaves in these blocks aluminum? I don't seem to be able to find this information on the web site.

I think so but I'm not sure. Call their number and ask for Mark. He's a real good guy and very helpful. I do know that they are in my neck of the woods setting up for the St Pete Boat Show this weekend.