E29 portlight

Shu

Member II
Hello forum. Just throwing it back out there that I'm still in the market for an oval portlight for my 72 E29. Thx

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Any glass shop should be able to replicate them, if you drop off an old one for a pattern. Warning: It may take a while, so be prepared to drop a temporary plastic one in the opening. Or have a wet bunk for a while. Apparently nobody stocks that particular thickness of laminated glass any more. My glass shop had to wait for a custom batch to be made. I think the bill was about $300 for all eight port lites.

I think I saved my old ones for emergency use... maybe out in the woodshed somewhere? But they were pretty much opaque.

Shu

Member II
Any glass shop should be able to replicate them, if you drop off an old one for a pattern. Warning: It may take a while, so be prepared to drop a temporary plastic one in the opening. Or have a wet bunk for a while. Apparently nobody stocks that particular thickness of laminated glass any more. My glass shop had to wait for a custom batch to be made. I think the bill was about $300 for all eight port lites.

I think I saved my old ones for emergency use... maybe out in the woodshed somewhere? But they were pretty much opaque.

Thanks very much. I'm actually looking for the frame. I can deal with finding the glass.