E29 Original Upholstery match ups ?????

Ron342

Member I
I have a '76 E29 which has most (believe it or not!!) of what I believe is its original cabin upholstery - a medium to dark blue velour corduroy which I think was used in a lot of these boats and which I have come to like a great deal.(Old farts are often like this!)
And in surprisingly good shape but a recent cabin leak over last winter has really damaged a good bit of the main cabin seat backs.
I'm looking to redo the damaged part or even all of it but really can't seem to find anything fairly close or that I like the looks of as much for a total redo.
Anyone had to try to match up or redo with something similar????IMG_3093.jpegIMG_3094.jpeg

unfortunately I do not have a direct response to the question - my ideas that are focused on practicality are: maybe take a look at local thrift store and see if any clothing garment has a similar fabric if the repair is small; go with a “close enough” fabric and don’t sweat the details (I like duck cloth for things like this and many colors are available at places like JoAnn fabric).

best of luck - I like the fabric and color shown. Don’t believe it’s the majority of boats but I seem to correlate older Ericson’s (probably pre-‘76) with orange and yellow plaid

Ron342

Member I
Than
unfortunately I do not have a direct response to the question - my ideas that are focused on practicality are: maybe take a look at local thrift store and see if any clothing garment has a similar fabric if the repair is small; go with a “close enough” fabric and don’t sweat the details (I like duck cloth for things like this and many colors are available at places like JoAnn fabric).

best of luck - I like the fabric and color shown. Don’t believe it’s the majority of boats but I seem to correlate older Ericson’s (probably pre-‘76) with orange and yellow plaid
Thanks!
I've tried using general upholstery or other fabrics in other boats but, if they stay in the water year round and as muggy as southern Md is, the humidity and/or uv light makes short work of it if not specifically for marine environment and its a lot of work sewing this stuff!