Captain Q reviews the Ericson 38-200

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
His style is entertaining, but there is a lot of confident-sounding BS mixed in. And not just for this particular boat, either.
(sigh)

TrueBlue

Member II
Yeah I like his reviews think he did a Olson or another Ericson review as well. Was nice of them to plug Christians videos as well.

nquigley

Sustaining Member
Unfortunately, the boat itself was not a good example - looked pretty rough.
Capn Q said the stove was propane (looked original). Is that right? Weren't the initial stoves CNG? I know my PO replaced the OEM CNG stove with propane one.

driftless

Member III
Blogs Author
Capn Q said the stove was propane (looked original). Is that right? Weren't the initial stoves CNG? I know my PO replaced the OEM CNG stove with propane one.
Pretty sure my propane system is original. My owners manual is on the boat but as I recall the original equipment install checklist has propane noted.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
IIRC, the mid-late 80's Ericson's have dedicated propane lockers at the rear of the cockpit. Those molded interiors do not accommodate a "scuba tank" shaped CNG tank at all. Of course a prior owner, including the original purchaser, could have opted/changed to a CNG system. Those were in vogue in that era as a safer alternative for boats.