calling all Ericson racers on San Francisco Bay

Josh Dvorson

Greetings from dock of the bay -- For decades, Homeslice, 1976 Ericson 27 (f.k.a Homus), hull #ERY27845M76C has been racing with the Sausalito Yacht Club (and Sausalito Cruising Club back in the 1990's).

In the early 2000's we savored racing with a few other Ericsons arranged by "Fleet 27" once a year at the Ballena Bay Yacht Club. This fizzled out over time with lack of participation.

We yearn to see other Ericsons on the blue race course -- even one more E-27 would change the entire feel of a dwindling multi-class PRHF non-spinnaker fleet. It's astonishing how few boats participate in tremendously fulfilling beer can racing relative to how many boats dock here in Sausalito.

Hopeful Slicer
josh@dvorsons.com

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
You are so right. There are so many E27s on the bay one would think that a one-design class (5-7 boats) would be a possibility. I have noticed that a lot of them sit idle in their slips and the ones on the water that I know of really stick to cruising. Funny that the 3 bridge had 309 boats enter and not one an E27. Not sure of any Catalina 30s either? I did see and know of a few Ranger 23s, a Cal 27-2, Newport 30, and there is usually a few die-hard Cal 20s that do pretty well.

Bepi

E27 Roxanne
That sounds like fun! I wonder if So Cal e27 owners would go for something like that?